F2 World Cup SL 163

Bought this 2019 F2 World Cup SL 163 on clearance from @i-carve.com for the director of CVA snowboarding. Took it out yesterday to see how it is. VERY impressed!!  Edge hold, smooth, air between carves, perfect flex, great turn size.  Tight enough to only use half the trail, but not so tight that you're making 1000 turns in a run.  F2 is back on my radar!  Hadn't been on one since SES 05.  A friend who loves F2 tells me they were the ones who made the "Made in Austria" Kesslers.  Based on the top shelf build quality I'd say it certainly seems possible.  Don't worry, this pic is low on the mountain, there's more snow up higher.  But we are off to a bad start here in the east.  Hoping for a big dump tonight.

27092CEE-CFCC-4A4F-95C6-7C6FF4ECF90C.jpeg

576770C8-E687-4396-A0B9-613E7ED18C98.jpeg

• Like 4

Not surprised. There's always a number of racers on them at the NorAm races at Buck. At least in the past few years. Almost exclusively women, so I'm guessing a softer flex compared to other similarly priced stock (off-the-shelf) race boards like SG.

Hope you have fun tomorrow! Looks like a classic nor'easter.

• Like 1

The name Worldcup on the F2 Speedsters is a bit misleading, because they are not ridden in Worldcup. Therefor F2 offers the Proto series, which are actually ridden by the worldcup riders. In comparison Protos (titanal) are their custom boards, Worldcup (titanal) are their higher class and Equipe (TX with carbon or glass) their basic serial production boards.

The fact that F2 is mostly ridden by female pros doesn't mean, that F2 Speedsters are specifically made for woman. In fact women usually ride shorter (157 SL for slalom or 179 RS giant slalom) and man longer models (163 SL and 185 GS) with different flexes for the intended riders. For the Proto series they offer different flexes for the same length.

Comparing the F2 Speedster Worldcup GS 185 (owned one) and the F2 Speedster Proto GS 185 (still own), I found the Proto even better, because it's edge hold and smoothness are superior to the Worldcup. Comparing them to my other boards (Oxess, SG, Coiler) they both are more on the aggressive, more demanding side. But I love the Proto a lot.

Edited by nextcarve
  • Like 2

I have a retired SL Speedster Proto that I picked up from one of the F2 pro riders at a World Cup event at Okemo back in 1995. Back then that board was legit, I sold my Burton's immediately and exclusively rode the F2 for years. Last time I was on a F2 @Jack M was at one of the ECES events at Sugarloaf on Helmut’s 196 F2, that was one stiff board that just wanted to go 0-60 in 2.4 seconds. F2 is probably the only larger mass production builder that is still producing alpine boards right? 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, GeoffV said:

F2 is probably the only larger mass production builder that is still producing alpine boards right? 

I believe so. I guess that says something.  They have none of the cache of boutique builders yet still produce world cup results.  Good for them.

Good info and update on F2!     

I'd admit being skeptical of f2 brand as of late and specifically Speedster model not being a legit carving stick.....glad to hear they are still a source to be reckoned with!

Yeah Barry, very legit.  I wonder how much they "learned" while OEM'ing Kesslers.  I picked up the F2 Proto SL from @Termin8tor.  Took a couple runs today.  Seems a bit smoother, a bit more damp, but still goes airborne between carves.  Great torsional stiffness.  Slightly more turny.  I held them base to base and the waist is the same but the nose and tail of the Proto are a little wider.  Takes up a little less space on the hill but my legs are not cooked.  Really great boards.

5DFB0E89-9FDB-4256-87A3-622D3ECDAB59.jpeg

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By daveo
      Intec Parts: $69.69. The sale from this less shipping fees will primarily form a donation to the forum.
      Perfect for someone who has Intec compatible boots and F2 Race Ti bindings and is interested in trying Intec on their rear boot/binding. 
      All the parts needed to convert 1 binding and 1 boot to Intec Step In. My current boots are incompatible with Intec. Includes the following:
      Receiver + receiver cover + pressure plate Toe plate/bail Intec heel + cable + handle All necessary bolts This would cost 190.50 (+ shipping) Canadian Loonies from yyz (if you could pro-rata buy just 1 of the required things that are sold in pairs only).
      I could have wiped these down to make them a little less ugly. Perfectly functional.

• By Québec man
      2 pairs of F2 intec TI  large bindings.
      - 155 usd for 0ne pair... possible deal for both..😁
      - Burton spacer and shim kit 50 usd
      the buyer will have to pay for the shipping.

• By D.T.
      SOLD - I’m selling a pair of F2 Titanflex Step-In bindings.  They are size S/M.  The bindings are currently configured with 6° and 3° lift blocks. I made these blocks out of Delrin when I had access to a machine shop. The wear marks on the step-in receivers are minimal, indicating the bindings have barely been used.
      SOLD - The price is $175 shipped in the US via USPS priority mail.

• By Termin8tor
      Proto 185:
      Hate to see this one go however like all of my other boards I use them one year for race one year for training and then pass them on. This board however due to injury was only used for two races never trained and has so little use that I have never even had to polish the factory tune from F2.  If you don’t know anything about F2’s Proto series it is essentially the AMG to Mercedes.  By far probably the finest crafted board I’ve ever put on my feet. 9.8 out of 10 condition. Retails for nearly $2k before you pay import tax and shipping... asking $1100 fair and firm.  Plus shipping 

Eliminator 163:*SOLD* Used for two or three runs before dropping off for a base grind. Unfortunately a small section of the edge was ground down approximately dime thickness. Still has a lot of life left in the board as it is essentially brand new. This is one of many Eliminators  that I own, with a brand new one on the way just passing along a good board and a great price.  Asking $450 plus shipping

• By D.T.
      SOLD - I’m selling a pair of F2 Titanium Standard bindings, size S/M.  The bindings are set flat with no toe or heel lift on either binding. It appears as though I am missing one of the mounting screws. I will dig around to see if I can find it.
      SOLD - The price is $175 shipped in the US via USPS priority flat rate.

• By D.T.
      I haven't been riding much the last few years so it might be time to thin the heard.
      180cm JJA Cypress - ridden twice. The board is in excellent condition. Includes the JJA plate and two 3 degree Bomber TD3 BP version base plates. I know some of the JJA's had issues with insert alignment and pull-out. I've played with the position of the plate and baseplates on multiple occasions and have never had any issues. I don't know which factory manufactured this board, but I do know it was in the first batch of boards made commercially available in the US. Serial number 0180 0158.
      Price $1200 OBRO + shipping or pick-up in Denver.
      SOLD - 161 Coiler SL - ridden once. This is a copy of the board that Bruce built himself and won the nationals in ~2013. Sidewall engraving: T161SL 014DT - 6.8+11. The waist width is 20cm.
      SOLD - Price: $700 OBRO + shipping or pick-up in Denver.

• By D.T.
      SOLD - I haven't been riding much the last few years so it might be time to thin the heard.
      161 Coiler SL - ridden once.  This is a copy of the board that Bruce built himself and won the nationals in ~2013.  Sidewall engraving: T161SL 014DT - 6.8+11.  The waist width is 20cm.
      SOLD - Price: $600 OBRO + shipping or pick-up in Denver.

• By nekdut
      Up for sale is a race-ready Kessler SL 162cm
      20cm wide
      50cm stance width, UPM mounts as well
      Condition is nearly new.  It's only been ridden a few times and I'm selling because it is simply to stiff for me at 155lbs and my infrequent riding these day.  It probably rides great at 180-220lbs.  Some scuffing from a VIST plate but otherwise both the top and base are in excellent shape (base wax on there now).  Edges are razor sharp and have all of their life left.
      SOLD!
    • By forf.dawg
      SOLD
      I am selling a pair of Mountain Slope - Point .951 World Cup boots, used for one season. They are mondo size 27.5
      There is slight damage from the boot fitter on the right boot making the removal of the insert more difficult, no damage to structure or function of the boot though.
      Also for sale is a pair of F2 - Race Titanium  size Large bindings. All parts in images included.
      Asking $900 for both OR
      $800 for boots
      $200 for bindings
      I also have a 180cm x 20.0cm Kessler "The Alpine" for sale.
      PM for details or contact me with info below.
      text: 307-349-8630
      email: forrest.sawyer7@gmail.com

The Kessler board for sale

• By Daniel Valmont
      Board is in excellent condition, used 1 season. This is a snowboard that is used with hard boots - not for soft boot use. https://www.f2.com/snow/boards.php?L=&da=1917&dk=46&db=11&name=Speedster%20Worldcup%20RS