Note to New Members ×

Please bear with us

Jack M

Thanks Jack for stepping up and protecting what have arguably been the biggest assets of BOL (for me at least): the community and the accumulated trove of wisdom written in countless threads.  I’m assuming the old BOL database and articles made the transition ok?

Thanks Fin for freeing up the community and knowledge.  Sucks about BOL the business though.

Thanks for Corey for the continued hard work,  and to the new mods!

Just wondering what the official charter of ASB is going to be?  I’d be more than happy to kick in some dinero and donate some online storage space (for backups or failover solutions, or whatever).

Edited by st_lupo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fin, Jack etal THANKS . This community is unique, and blessed with an unsurpassed collective knowledge. Where else can you admire the pencil line art of SBS, drool over the latest ThirCoilek snow rocket, while puzzling over a Beckmann axiom?

Personally I'd be happy to contribute to the upkeep of ASB, even more so if it avoids pop up advertising.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Thanx Jack and Fin.  I was extremely fortunate to miss buying a board on eBay and finding BOL instead.  I am grateful for still being here and having this forum to support my aging person!  It’s been awesome to meet and interact with you all and it has kept me engaged.  Blessed to be able to continue.  :))

• Like 1

Thanks guys. There will be tastefully placed ads and you will be able to buy a subscription to remove the ads.  This will hopefully pay for the hosting and also allow us to support youth racing via USASA and USSRT. So your participation in the site will support the cause either way. Glad to hear there is interest!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Fin and Jack and all the rest of you... BOL, SES, ATC...

It's a real special thing. This sport. This community. 

Thanks for keeping it alive.

Like everyone else. Kinda stunned. Very happy to see it continue. Ready to help.

I'm happy I came back to ask a question a few weeks ago. Even though I was sad to read about Bomber.

Thanks for keeping it alive.

• Like 2

Thank you for those responsible for the hard work, I know how hard a database transfer can be so congratulations and kudos for a great job.

Id add a link from alpinesnowboarder.com to the forums:)

BTW I hope Jack/Fin you looked in the legal details of transferring a forum including personal information especially from a defunct owner, these things can get very complicated very quickly

• Like 1

Thanks all. The mobile version of the main site is not updated yet but the desktop version has a menu with links to the forums and tech articles.  The mobile site is  on my to do list for next week. Thanks for your patience! 

• Thanks 1

I noticed the "For Sale" forum no longer has the sticky specifying no sales of new items.  We should think about the new rules for this.  The forum no longer has the potential to take sales from its host business and to me an individual reselling a new item isn't a problem.  But the other extreme would be sellers who are effectively online businesses, sort of the way that ebay has become dominated by businesses with 100,000 feedbacks, causing the individual seller to become lost in the volume of listings.  Just a 2-cents comment for consideration once things get settled.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wolf said:

I noticed the "For Sale" forum no longer has the sticky specifying no sales of new items.  We should think about the new rules for this.  The forum no longer has the potential to take sales from its host business and to me an individual reselling a new item isn't a problem.  But the other extreme would be sellers who are effectively online businesses, sort of the way that ebay has become dominated by businesses with 100,000 feedbacks, causing the individual seller to become lost in the volume of listings.  Just a 2-cents comment for consideration once things get settled.

Perhaps by invite only and requiring a minimum number of members supporting the request including moderators

4 hours ago, Jack Michaud said:

Thanks all. The mobile version of the main site is not updated yet but the desktop version has a menu with links to the forums and tech articles.  The mobile site is  on my to do list for next week. Thanks for your patience! 

Ah yes I was on my cell phone the past few days and no access to a desktop, you are quite right the desktop site is up and 100%. Jack, if we ever meet I'll bring a whole carload of the best  Polish craft beer, you most certainly deserve it of course with Fin and the mods. 

• Like 1

• Jack M unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone ( @Jack Michaud @fin @Corey etc) for keeping the BOL forums alive.

And also speciall thanks from me to @barryj.. I didn't know the URL was moved (I just noticed the bomber url was down, as it was at the end of last year i think). I PM'ed @barryj on the extremecarving forum and he pointed me in this direction :biggthump

• Like 1