Note to New Members ×

1 board you would demo and why?

se7en

tex you can send it to me I will keep it safe for you until you move to the snow.

furthermore, I will see the board will get daily use all season long in sierra and across the ocean (until@ july 4 2011), then if you don't want it back at that time, I suppose I can at least find reason to keep it.

besides there is no point to short change your dream...

Tinkler with snowstix and split nose and tail. There's probably nothing else out there like it (at least that's what I'm assuming).

It easily commands the price of a Kessler with plate, etc. etc. - but it doesn't seem like Kessler will be disappearing anytime soon. I don't know I can say the same of Tinklers.

It seems there's less talk of them these days on Bomber with the rising surge in the current New School board tech. It might not be completely New School and modernized for the race coarse, but I bet there's really no other ride out there like it.

Tinkler with snowstix and split nose and tail. There's probably nothing else out there like it (at least that's what I'm assuming).

It easily commands the price of a Kessler with plate, etc. etc. - but it doesn't seem like Kessler will be disappearing anytime soon. I don't know I can say the same of Tinklers.

It seems there's less talk of them these days on Bomber with the rising surge in the current New School board tech. It might not be completely New School and modernized for the race coarse, but I bet there's really no other ride out there like it.

Cool, I was just thinking the same thing. After riding my new Kessler Black KST 185cm. With Hangl and Tinkler plate. I really liked it but I couldn't wait to get back on my favorite TNT. That thing has spoiled me big time. Turns quick, like it reads your mind going into the turns. Damp yet not tall , still super quick and holds edge really good. The ability of the stix to dampen and smooth things out is amazing. I will like either do some work on the Kessler or sell it when my own custom TNT Tinkler comes out. Been working on it for two years now!!

I am luving my Hybrid Oxess BX.. I had a 163 narrower to 23 wide and stiffer and its a dream.. If you get one , you would be very impressed the capability of this board.. Its sooooo much fun.. Mine has the full carbon top and really feels smooth as metal.. no tingy feel.. but with pop!

Still waiting for my bizzare board to show up..:eek::freak3:

Right said shred

Umm... the point of demo'ing boards is to try lots of different boards to see which one you want to buy. So I don't understand the question...?

I "need" a short board. I'd like to try an original Madd 158, an SG 163, a Coiler Metal SL 164, a Coiler Angrry, a Donek 162 Metal SL, and a Prior FLC 163W.

Umm... the point of demo'ing boards is to try lots of different boards to see which one you want to buy. So I don't understand the question...?

I know Jack, but IF you are ONLY given to choose 1, what would it be?

I guess I'm trying to find out which characteristics BOLers love the most. (seems like the latest & greatest apex/kessler win the cake)

As for me, I love pop and grip, but I 'm seeking more and more (who doesn't, right?)

Despite the Madd original 158, Angrry and many others, I'm eager to know what would 3 quarter inch camber do to me :biggthump

Wow - those Kesslers and that Coiler are sweet.

Anyways, fun OP question. My 1 demo would be a SWOARD. My reasons: I would use this demo "opportunity" to try something totally different. I ride GS boards (see my profile). And, I generally have a racer style of riding; not EC really. And, I've always wanted to ride a SWOARD. In fact, at SES in 2008, I was going to hop on a SWOARD after I got off of Frank's metal Berserker. Well, thanks to Frank, I ended up on the Berserker all of the late afternoon that day; and then I took it home...

I must say Bullwings idea about the Tinkler is a great one. Very tempting. I'm always very envious when Brian posts shots of Tinkler's amazing boards or the two of them riding at Mt. Hood Meadows.

Wish I could say I'll be at SES to try one of those Kesslers. Interestingly, I see I'm a bit different that may of those who responded. If I had 1 and only 1 demo, I would not demo a Kessler. First, I ride my Kessler 75% of the time [so it would not - I don't think - be totally different to me] and, second, I know that I'll get another Kessler in the future. :1luvu:

I "need" a short board. I'd like to try an original Madd 158, an SG 163, a Coiler Metal SL 164, a Coiler Angrry, a Donek 162 Metal SL, and a Prior FLC 163W.

I have a kessler SL, you'd need a plate of some type for it though. if you have one you're welcome to try it or use it with the hangls currently on it. it's certainly better than anything in similar size I've had.

I must agree with you!

Oh, and please contact me when you test all these!

And add one Pogo to your list just for me :biggthump

I have a kessler SL, you'd need a plate of some type for it though. if you have one you're welcome to try it or use it with the hangls currently on it. it's certainly better than anything in similar size I've had.

Thanks for the offer, but Hangl = fail. ;)

I know Jack, but IF you are ONLY given to choose 1, what would it be?

This doesn't make a lot of sense because you are going to get one set of answers based on peoples' dream board, and another set based on the holes in peoples' quivers. Those are answers to two very different questions. If I could only demo one board it would be an SG 163SL because I already have a Coiler 171 and 185. Is that relevant to you?

If you demo a Kessler, you'll probably love it. But you won't know if you would have loved an SG more, or a Coiler enough to justify saving half the money. If you simply can't get to an Expression Session, then yeah, demo'ing a lot of boards is expensive or not feasible. Then you need to be asking the dream board question, and buy on faith.

If you simply can't get to an Expression Session, then yeah, demo'ing a lot of boards is expensive or not feasible.

This is true, Jack. guess I should start saving up for next Expression Session instead of spending lot of time looking up reviews, comments and youtube (riders style, board's reaction, steepness of terrain, snow condition, etc)

23 cm width to accommodate my 30.5 AT boots & 215 lb. weight.

More and more, I like simplicity and predictability/familiarity in my toys.

Thus, the "one board to do it all" concept is very attractive to me. I chose the AMT instead of 4WD or Axxess because I admire B.V.'s business model and Mr. V. sounds like one of perhaps a handful of North American builders who'll take the time to listen to "what you think you need/want" and who even has the skills/production process to fine tune your ride as he builds it. Also, he's very familiar with riding & designing for our highly variable Ice Coast conditions. Well worth the long wait, it seems to me.

Chose Titanal because (1) I think that's the only way he builds the board now, and (2) based on expansive BOL discussion last few years, sounds like Titanal construction can lessen fatigue for the occasional rider and "up your game" immediately at any given skill level.

Would really like to learn Euro and if able to get back into the game sufficiently, would go for a used ride for that purpose. Also will give the "plate thing" a couple years to evolve before trying that.

cheers

BB