Note to New Members ×

1 board you would demo and why?

se7en

Back on Topic:

I would also like to testride the stingray.

It is a 186cm, 15cm narrow beauty with decambered nose and variable sidecut. It has Evo 3 construction. Some Metal, carbon and other stuff in it.:ices_ange

It is difficult to Demo because most of the riders don't give the Demo board back. Reviews on Frozen Backside are extremely positive.

Maybe, but not a fail.......

Not worth the weight. Same goes for Vist. Sure, if you're racing on a mac 'n cheese budget, of course get a used one of those if that's all you can afford. OTherwise, for a relative bargain I have to believe a Donek plate would be more competitive, based on the design and effectiveness of the mechanism.

Not worth the weight. Same goes for Vist. Sure, if you're racing on a mac 'n cheese budget, of course get one of those if that's all you can afford. OTherwise, for a relative bargain I have to believe a Donek plate would be more competitive, based on the design and effectiveness of the mechanism.

They were part of the ®evolution, not a fail......

Soon to be considered vintage. Its a very inactive system that does very little for isolation and merely provides additional dampening through mass and leverage though increased binding height. Yes, definately part of the revolution and soon to be a musuem piece with reference to the revolution. Not disin, just stating the facts.

Think Snow!

Oh, I am not arguing with that..... Just his terminology. To say they are a fail is just stupid.....

Hey, come on, you saw the wink, right? I was referring to bobdea's board. I have no interest in anything with a Hangl. I appreciate the offer though.

Like Snowman said, they are a museum piece. That doesn't mean they are or were a bad idea. They were a very important step in the evolution of plates.

Back on Topic:

It is a 186cm, 15cm narrow beauty with decambered nose and variable sidecut. It has Evo 3 construction. Some Metal, carbon and other stuff in it.:ices_ange

It is difficult to Demo because most of the riders don't give the Demo board back. Reviews on Frozen Backside are extremely positive.

why?

just get a squal or skwal or whatever it's called. because at 15 cm that's closer to what it is.

Back on Topic:

I have tried the first generation Stingray at the last CM20X last year. Heard that the latest gen. has more pop in it. The board I tried was a bit dull but very easy to ride, bomber edgehold and turny. And it isn't a skwall. A skwall has a very narrow stancewidth. This board has a stancewidth of 50cm which suits me better than the small stancewidth of a skwall. And I don't like the 90 degrees (one foot behind the other stance) stance. Askwall has a min. width of 11cm. And I can tell you, that's a huge difference with 15cm width.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/11186812" width="400" height="320" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="

">Virus Stingray uncovered, 186*15 cm pure pleasure</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user3537166'>http://vimeo.com/user3537166">eric@pistenschlitzer.de</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

I am luving my Hybrid Oxess BX.. I had a 163 narrower to 23 wide and stiffer and its a dream.. If you get one , you would be very impressed the capability of this board.. Its sooooo much fun.. Mine has the full carbon top and really feels smooth as metal.. no tingy feel.. but with pop!

Right said shred

Thanks for the info...I'm hoping that the nerves in my ankle settle down enough for me to start snowboarding again.

Definitely seeing Jack's point about the Hangl...

I've ridden one on two different Kessler KST GS's at two different times. I definitely felt like I was trading a lot of versatility for a the increased grip, power, and bumpy-proofness. The loss of versatility was so great that I knew I would never own one. So heavy that my ankles and knees hurt on footrest-free lifts; quick-tempo turns were work and not fun; numerous times when I had to bail in a situation that I know I couldaa pulled out from without the plate. had a hard time imagining it on anything but a GS.

The Apex and Donek plates, I still feel like there is a tradeoff but the downsides are less pronounced and there are more upsides. I feel like I will own something from the new generation plates, although possibly not till next season.

Jack, if you're gonna try a Coiler SL, I highly recommend the Asym core profile. I've got a NSR+ and now an SL with it; both boards were love-at-first-turn and IMHO there is absolutely zero downside in it other than the fact that you can't sell/loan it to someone who has the opposite foot in front. A new generation of Cheater Boards!