Note to New Members ×

Heard it in the lift line - 2018/2019

Corey

Ok not a lift line comment however I feel it deserves this thread. Found in a soft boot group on fb.  Dude was looking to fab something to help him release his step in burton binding without having to bend over so far.....

"I googled hardbooting, and alpine boards.  Why doesn't anyone freestyle in the park on the with those hardboots?????"

Ok buddy u give that a try and make sure it ends up on YouTube. 

"So do you ride a 'normal' snowboard?" x2   (Yes, I do)

"Look at that [...] I bet I could beat him in a race" - some teenager😐

"Oh man, I haven't seen one of those in years."

"Oh my god that snowboard is sooooooo skinny" - little girl

"So you don't release from those... Right!?" - my manager who skis

Some of the lifties now give me shit if I'm on softboots😂

Any way to make my boots less neon green? I can't handle the attention. I feel sorry for those dudes on the snow trikes because they get even more!

2 minutes ago, cbrkid1981 said:

"I googled hardbooting, and alpine boards.  Why doesn't anyone freestyle in the park on the with those hardboots?????"

Damian Sanders.

There's a couple vids out there. Holy smokes they're going off those jumps fast and getting so much air!

11 hours ago, cbrkid1981 said:

Ok buddy u give that a try and make sure it ends up on YouTube. 

I actually do, quite often... The best one I've heard, over there: "Alpine board in the park, wtf?!" 

On 2/18/2019 at 4:40 PM, Colozeus said:

Some little dude in skis at Eldora this past weekend "that thing is so cool, is that a board that lets you ride it like a pair of skis?!".....after a brief pause i said, "suuuuure". 

No. they had to change skis, so people could ski like we ride.

• Like 2

Got my first compliment on my board yesterday. The cutest little 11 year old shredder (been boarding for 7 years), said, “I really like your board!”  I was on my new custom, yellow, Kessler Alpine 168. I said, “well thank you. You’re the first person to ever compliment me on any board.”  She was up there again today and she said, “you’re not on your yellow board today. “ I didn’t have the heart to tell her how many boards I have. 

She shot down the hill like a rocket, cutting back and forth. 

This is a good one. 

Random dude has to jump on my chair when there is no line. Homeboy has rental skis, and looks at me and says are those pants fast??? I was like huh, and he goes your pants are they fast when you fall and you slide a long ways.. I said I try not to fall but if so I guess. 

• Haha 1

Totally unexpected and in the trees in 18" of pow at lovey today:

Right as I'm lining up a drop off of a 2 1/2 foot windrow, I catch a flash of black in my periphery, I hit it, stick it, and work my way out of the woods  and stop.. Said flash of black soft booter pulls up and says" hardboots in powder?'' always, I reply." that is Awesome" was his response. Nicest compliment I have ever gotten from a softy rider.

Edited by big mario
  • Like 1