Note to New Members ×

Official/Unofficial ATC 2018 thread

Corey

3 hours ago, Neil Gendzwill said:

How has it been going? How many showed up? Is there any snow?

It's a bit like herding cats without set events, but I estimate there are 20 people here. 

The snow was pretty rough for the first few days, but a dump a couple days ago brought the typical soft Colorado groom back. Tomorrow should be epic with the 2nd groom after the storm! 

2 hours ago, softbootsurfer said:

Didn't see anyone today on the Wave, so I did the best I could to leave a message... :ph34r:

Thanks for picking up our slack! Looking good. 

Thank you Corey for the alway excellent clinic:
It's like a great book; it doesn't matter how many time I took it.
I always seems to get more out of it everytime.

In addition thank you again Corey for the General cat herding:  all the demo/planning logistic, and positive vibe!!

Condition were not the best for a bit; but it's not too difficult to find trails that work for each's own taste.
If your snowboard have not earn a new battle scar; you should buy lottery.

tomorrow and Friday should be EPIC.

• Like 2

Let's make dinner plans for Thursday at 6 PM at Slow Groovin BBQ at Snowmass. This will be our unofficial banquet for the unofficial ATC. No prizes, no speeches, just laughs with fellow carvers. 

Please post or message me if you are coming so I have a count. 

For first tracks, try this: 

1. Forget the Gondola.  Line up at the old 1A double chair at 8:30.  Ski Patrol and lifties are friendly will generally let you on the chair by 8:45. 

2. 1A (aka Shadow Mountain chair) will take you directly to the bottom of Ruthie's. 

3. You'll have 3-4 runs in on Ruthie's before anyone makes it over from the Gondola. 

• Like 1

I'll bring one Johan. 

Tomorrow is the last day for demo boards, and they must be returned to the St. Moritz by Friday evening. If someone wants something, I could bring it to Slow Groovin BBQ tonight if you let me know before 5:20. 

The list: 

Secret Rev 185, 175, 163

Proteus 180, 170, 165

Voyager 170, 160

Freecarve 163

MK

11 hours ago, lafcadio said:

For first tracks, try this: 

1. Forget the Gondola.  Line up at the old 1A double chair at 8:30.  Ski Patrol and lifties are friendly will generally let you on the chair by 8:45. 

2. 1A (aka Shadow Mountain chair) will take you directly to the bottom of Ruthie's. 

3. You'll have 3-4 runs in on Ruthie's before anyone makes it over from the Gondola. 

???

41 minutes ago, softbootsurfer said:

actually...the Gondo typically opens at 8:45 while 1a is more toward 9, plus it is a Slowww chair...so you can Gondo and get to 6 and be going down Ruthies before others can be up 1a and over to Ruthies and then up Ruthies to the top to start down Ruthies...

?????

Starting at the front left and going clockwise:

Dave from NY, John from LA, Jim from CT, Mike from Michigan, James from CA, Daneille from CA, John from CO, Johan from TX, Corey from MB, Mario from CO, Angie from CO. 

We're missing quite a few that didn't come to the un-banquet.