Note to New Members ×

Official/Unofficial ATC 2018 thread

Corey

3 hours ago, softbootsurfer said:

For those who miss the 1st one :eek:  here is the 2nd one :eplus2: :biggthump

I don't get it.  The carving world is so small, yet we divide into different factions on different days on the same freaking mountain?  Why not ride together?  

Just seems odd to me.  

• Like 1

think maybe your implying something there?  that does not exist Corey... the 2nd week of Feb. is typically the time...there will be some unable to come to the 1st one and so I announced this, thinking they could make that one, or maybe come earlier and catch Joerg and crew, certainly no intention to divide anyone...I attend them all, so glad to see so many... Hope we get some Snow, 10 inches up on Ajax is a tad sparse for wandering

32 minutes ago, softbootsurfer said:

think maybe your implying something there?  that does not exist Corey... the 2nd week of Feb. is typically the time...there will be some unable to come to the 1st one and so I announced this, thinking they could make that one, or maybe come earlier and catch Joerg and crew, certainly no intention to divide anyone...I attend them all, so glad to see so many... Hope we get some Snow, 10 inches up on Ajax is a tad sparse for wandering

You're actively promoting a second event in an Event thread.  This causes confusion.  Your intentions may be good, and it's appreciated.  However it is confusing if you don't read all the information.

Let's promote one week and not two different time periods.  It's confusing which week will be the week to go, so if possible, let's drop the 12-16 Aspen flyer and just go with the original plan of February 3-9.  If you want to go on another week, then promote that in another thread please.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 7:50 PM, softbootsurfer said:

This thread is for what Corey announced...let's try to keep it that way...announcing other get togethers, or just maybe, let's all meet here, is really confusing to someone who actually is trying to respond to his original post...

What he said!

• Like 1

I see, SBS.  Makes sense.  Without knowing the history, I thought they purposely picked a timeframe to avoid another gathering.  Never mind!  

People that only ski/ride in Aspen must think that there's a sizable population of hardbooters!  LOL!  

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/3/2018 at 10:27 AM, Colozeus said:

So with the big "lack of snow"  is everyone on this thread still planning on going in early feb? I hesitant to get anything booked right now. I realize 1 or 2 big storms could change things and this is still a month out.....

Hmm, Bob makes it sound pretty rough: 

Here's hoping for a large snowfall in the next few weeks!  

So, I count about 17 so far: Corey, Mario, BarryJ, Breezomatic, Megatrimix, Me, Bob, Ldbaustria, Segarator, Pow4ever, SEJ & Gretchen, Acoustic Boarder, Colozeus, Jim Adams, Norm & Diana. 

I'm making up some engraved plaques to hand out to the attendees:IMG_0560.thumb.JPG.3bd37a8590ce156bf72f946ed1bb31d3.JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, John E said:

So, I count about 17 so far: Corey, Mario, BarryJ, Breezomatic, Megatrimix, Me, Bob, Ldbaustria, Segarator, Pow4ever, SEJ & Gretchen, Acoustic Boarder, Colozeus, Jim Adams, Norm & Diana. 

Take out Segalrator (Scott passed away suddenly a while ago :( ), add Dave R. from NY.  Dave isn't on here much.  

1 hour ago, John E said:

I'm making up some engraved plaques to hand out to the attendees:

Wow, that's awesome!  Very cool John.  

I'm thinking of canceling my trip this year after looking at the snow report from the aspen/snowmass website. Snowmass has only 750 of 3000 acres open. All 4 hills are only partially open. The weather for the next 15 days has only one day forecast with snow. I lose a lot of money but save enough to spend a week here in the east, which is doing well so far this season. It's not a matter of good or bad snow, it's a matter of NO snow:(

It costs me the same if I go or if I don't (other than food), so I'm planning to go and hoping for some more snow.  Hopefully these guys were right and it's going to dump soon: https://www.onthesnow.com/news/a/628002/17-18-ski-season-long-range-weather-forecast 

We spoke about this last year but didn't go: http://www.aspenicekarting.com I'm planning to hit this up one day!  

Not a bombERcyclone :), but long range models are forecasting a strong trough forming off CA around 18 Jan - if the blocking high pressure ridges break down, it could bring the change everyone out west is hoping for. 

image.png.7d6a16cde07c6ec6d0df0faf6169b6f3.png