Note to New Members ×

Official/Unofficial ATC 2018 thread

Corey

As a fellow non-weatherologist, I would the prevailing 'dry'pattern may change. :) 

History shows Vail averages around 325+ inches and conditions there usually get better as Jan goes on so here's hoping. That being said, this season has the potential to be in top 5 worst on record, so a sacrifice to Ullr is in order.

1 hour ago, Ldbaustria said:

Due to current unforseen family issues, I will unfortunately not be able to attend this years Aspen Expression Session! :mad: Definitely hoping again for next year! Lydia

You and Giuseppe and the other So Cal contingency should make a short trip into Denver and come Stay and ride Loveland...

• Like 3

Well I still plan to be there for  the first or last  3 days but will pull the plug if Aspen doesn't get a dumping.........don't need to travel to be frustrated....I can do that here!   Man!  Somethings gotta give with this weather..aka: lack of winter here in N. Cali also!   It's Jan. for crying out loud and it's still rock board season!!  My boards are spending more time at the tuners for core shots and rock rash than on the hill!  I got a new Moss AP67 I desperately  want to let run but No Way until we get enough coverage that I don't cringe looking down the slope at the rocks, sticks and rubble  .......but the Sirens are calling to me and I Go!! ...as my board is screaming, Oh no, No, NO! 

• Haha 1

Any interest in http://www.aspenicekarting.com?  I've just realized that I'm on the ground for 8 days and have a 7-day lift pass, so I should plan ahead and set this up.  Is anyone coming in  a day early?  I'm thinking karting on Friday, Feb 2nd as that's my planned acclimatization day.  

Also, there's a small chance that Donek might be able to supply some demo boards to try.  No demo tent on the mountain, just boards in someone's hotel room with a sign-out sheet.  You take a board the night before, try it out, and bring it back the following night.  You'd be personally responsible for the board while it's in your possession.  What would people want to try?  I assume: MK, Proteus, Secret/Rev, etc.  

On 1/9/2018 at 9:41 AM, Corey said:

Any interest in http://www.aspenicekarting.com?  I've just realized that I'm on the ground for 8 days and have a 7-day lift pass, so I should plan ahead and set this up.  Is anyone coming in  a day early?  I'm thinking karting on Friday, Feb 2nd as that's my planned acclimatization day.  

Also, there's a small chance that Donek might be able to supply some demo boards to try.  No demo tent on the mountain, just boards in someone's hotel room with a sign-out sheet.  You take a board the night before, try it out, and bring it back the following night.  You'd be personally responsible for the board while it's in your possession.  What would people want to try?  I assume: MK, Proteus, Secret/Rev, etc.  

I'll be there from the 2-9th. I'd be down for trying  the aspen ice karting. I'm thinking of taking a rest day somewhere. Are you open for doing this any other day? I won't be there until late evening on the 2nd. 

Also, should we setup an official/unofficial ride/meetup schedule? I'd hate for all of us to be fragmented throughout the four mountains. And we should all at least meetup for drinks and food one night.  

Not sure i want to do demo boards. Last time i wasted a lot of time switching between demo boards and later regretted not having just stuck with my board and enjoyed the snow. 

Does anyone have advice for finding last-minute lodging for a procrastinator like me? 

The challenge is that I'll be there from Jan 28 to Feb 4 to meet up with the Pure Boarding crew (and meet work/personal time constraints) so my dates will likely not align with many here. 

I'm thinking of just doing an Airbnb.  Does anyone have other ideas? 

Thanks!

7 hours ago, lafcadio said:

Does anyone have advice for finding last-minute lodging for a procrastinator like me? 

The challenge is that I'll be there from Jan 28 to Feb 4 to meet up with the Pure Boarding crew (and meet work/personal time constraints) so my dates will likely not align with many here. 

I'm thinking of just doing an Airbnb.  Does anyone have other ideas? 

Thanks!

Call aspensnowmass reservations. They have access to last minute deals and availability that you wouldn't normally see on their website. 

11 hours ago, Corey said:

Bob's daily 'Milk reports are sounding good. 

Actually...only the top of Ajax has been Good...I have been to Milk twice and won't return, until there is some snow...

A pattern of some snowstorms, seems to be forming from this weekend forward...hoping for the best, as it will not take a lot to improve