Note to New Members ×

Official/Unofficial ATC 2018 thread

Corey

22 minutes ago, Corey said:

Sweet, thanks Dave!  We'll try the local hardware store today. We also found an older thread that showed someone filing a fender washer into the half-moon shape. We'll make something work. 

I had my boot blow out on Snowmass a few years ago and visited a shop in the village. It may have been Aspen Sports right next to the ticket window. Anyway I talked to the oldest guy working the boot fitting equipment since he had the most experience with saving the day type of engineering and he came up with a very similar solution to Dave’s post.  

the Deeluxe rivets look nicer, but you are going to be hard pressed to find a shop that can rivet the boot back together. A t-nut, washer and bolt from a ski boot repair kit is a permanent fix.

i can show off my solution this morning.

• Like 1

The number of carvers on the hill doubled today! Beautiful scenery, good riding, good people - that's what I came for! We had a great time lapping Ruthie's and a few trips down Spar Gulch. Aztec wasn't groomed but is East-coast firm so no bumps are forming. Takes some commitment, but very carveable. 

The big concern is the quantity of people! Aspen Mtn has some of the best snow of the 4 mountains, so everyone is coming there. The last pitch by the base of the gondola is bordering on a traffic jam. I'm looking uphill every toeside to see who's closing in, then abort turning as needed. 

I have a nice stack of Donek boards that Sean graciously provided us. No charge for demos! 

If you want something, post here. You'll need to pick it up at the St. Moritz and return it there the next day. 

The list: 

Secret Rev 185, 175, 163

Proteus 180, 170, 165

Voyager 170, 160

Freecarve 163

MK

On 2/5/2018 at 7:21 PM, softbootsurfer said:

If it snows 4" tonight...

MyRadar is forecasting 6" from Snowmass Village across to Aspen Mountain.  It's being feed from off of the NW coast. Post your actual total to validate their forecast.

Edited by Chouinard
Just taking up space.

3 hours ago, softbootsurfer said:

Please be aware...there is no where near enough snow to head into the trees!!!

I touched a few branches and crusty snow, but no rocks. Of course, I took a cheap board so I made a conscious choice to take the risk!