Note to New Members ×

The Launch Of Carving Magazine!!!

alexgforce

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

A bit ironic really that my copy of your outstanding magazine arrived on my doorstep the same day as my free copy of Transworld magazine, courtesy of USASA (I would never pay for it).

If I had a second copy of "Carving", I would happily send it along to them to remind them what a true magazine is like. I have no interest in reading through endless adverts and articles on what some pre-pubescent sponsored rider has on his iPod nor do I want to read the fawning letters to Pros or hear about their drunken antics that are a pain in the arse for the poor people who have to clear it up.

So thank you for making this huge effort to give us something to actually read that doesn't say "Bro" or "Dude" every 3rd word! A beautifully produced publication, great pictures, great articles and a 'spot-on' foreword by JJA!

Keep up the good work!:biggthump

Martin

My copy just arrived yesterday. Awesome job Alex. Thank you for all your time and effort. Also a big thank you for allowing me to be part of the photobook section. The Nakiska Expression Session starts tomorrow, so I will be showing off the mag to many of the participants. Expect more orders!

any chance of developing an online (pdf) version? i like e-mags. saves space, trees & transportation costs.

I don't think a PDF version will ever be an option for this annual publication. There is no real point to it since most of the info are already on the Internet. When it's printed, it is history. Not to mention that nothing beats the smell of freshly printed paper!! I am pretty sure that people who got the magazine in their hands will agree that a good old printed mag can never be absolete!!

I'm honored that you put me in your first issue, thank you.

Norman

Good point - I'm just narked I'm not in it, but then I'm a snowboarder not a carver so I can't really complain ;-)

PDF? I like it the way it is - if it's PDF I'd feel forced to pirate it, just because. This way, it's cash for artefact, easier to deal with.

Will this magazine be available for purchase at SES Alex?

I am planning to bring a small amount of magazines with me to the SES. If anyone wants to purchase a copy please let me know in advance so I can get the quantity right.

The price of the magazine for the participants of the SES will be 25$.

First, Alex deserves a HUGE pat on the back to achieve what so many have only talked about. As someone who has been at this for 20+ years, I can't tell you how many "beer" conversations I have had where we have all talked about how this needs to happen.

Alex has done it and done it VERY well.

I love the look and feel of this magazine. I actually consider it more a soft cover book due to its heft and content. This will live in our shop front area for years to come.

I also applaud Alex as I know for a fact he made great efforts to include everyone in the industry and keep this magazine fair and neutral. An important aspect considering the small family we really are.

If I had to give one addition I would like to see is a couple of technical articles on the various aspects of hardboot riding. And maybe a few pages for a buyers guide of a sort. Or at least a text listing of all the manufacturers in the industry.

And the shot of me next to my CNC mill, does in fact, make my ass look big.

Great job Alex, you have now joined the ranks of a "doer" and not just a talker. Cannot wait for the next addition.

My Carving Magazine arrived a few minutes ago ... Great looking magazine !!!

I am surprised it arrived though as the one side of the very thin plastic packaging was completely torn open. Magazine is OK though and glad it made it to my house in Hood River, OR. Might be a good idea to use slightly thicker plastic ...at least for overseas shipments. Thanks for an awesome magazine.

It does look like somebody opened it and took the magazine out to read, so maybe one of the postal workers was a Carver and wanted to see what all the fuss was about !!!! If that IS the case and it did not rip along the way ...Can't blame him / her for wanting to see inside the packet !!!!! Just glad they put it back and sent it on its way for me to read as well.