Note to New Members ×

The Launch Of Carving Magazine!!!

alexgforce

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex....Great job! My wife casually said "were you expecting a big alpine mag"?.....I just finished my first cruise thru....It was great to see pics from atrip to Sugarloaf that I was on and it really personalized it for me. There is some great eye candy in here and I wish we had access to the product in Europe that you have. The USSA has slighted our sport and only the recreational, passionate rider can keep it alive and growing. I hope those of us on the east coast can continue to inspire others to learn and venture out to try something new. Way to go!!!

I am looking forward to many more issues

powdahbonz

• 2 weeks later...

Alex, VERY impressive. This is not a magazine, it's what people call a coffee table book. Left out on the coffee table for all you visitors to enjoy. (Picture books about humming birds, natural widelife, etc.) So few people outside of our circle understand what we do. This makes it easy to show them.

Fit and finish is so perfect, it's hard to believe it's the first try. I'd like to give you input on how to make it better, but I honestly don't see anything you can improve. CLASS ACT Alex.

THANK YOU for printing this.

Fin, remember Al Bundy, (My mentor.) "Peg, it's not the clothes that make you look fat, it's the FAT that makes you look fat." (Like you're fat)

See ya all in a week, Scott

Amazing photos and articles there. Great to see European equipment that US riders would not have acknowledge of their existence. Hope to see other continents carving equip., riders, and communities/lifestyle like Asia on next release. All in all, great magazine. Congrat and Thank you.

I already read twice and passed on to a carver who rides with me. Not for long though. :D

Received mine a few days ago. Thoroughly impressed and satisfied. Coin well spent. I will echo a few comments from above. Jack's Sugarloaf article made it personal as Powdahbonz had said. That was a fantastic trip. I would be willing to chip in an extra couple bucks next year for sturdier packaging. The postal service was not as gentle as one might have hoped. Obviously not carvers. ;-P

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Uwe,

I really appreciate your comments and most of all I am glad you like it!!!

The Issue #2 is already under construction and judging by the content material I have so far its looking very good.

The plan is to have issue #2 out by the end of October maximum beginning of November so everybody can start their season officially with magazine in hand. Of course that does not apply to people that reside in tropical paradise!!!!;)

See you soon!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Its nice to finaly have something ... F U B U !

I got my copy just a week after ECES.. WOW. so awesome.

Cool to see people we all know and can actualy say " I've ridden with that guy/gal" in a magazine who are not just olympic medalist or superstars on a pro level.

Maybe someday we can hope to see our kind of gear back in a "HOUSE" catalog or godwilling... "TRANSWORLD SNOWBOARDING BUYERS GUIDE".... lol.

Edited by Dave ESPI
FUBU = For Us By Us.

It is so overwelming to see people responding to the magazine. Within the first 24 hours from the launch of the website we have gone over the 100 barrier with orders coming from all over the world. US, Canada, Russia, Switzerland, Germany, Finland, Sweden, The Netherlands, Japan, Australia...etc. We have a long way to go yet in terms of sales but I would like to thank everyone for their trust, going forward and buying something that they don't know exactly what it is and if it is worth it. BIG, BIG THANKS!!!! I hope what you will be holding in your hands in a few days will meet your expectations!!!!

• 5 months later...

Dear Alex

Are you about to come out with a new issue of the carving mag? Due to the shipping cost, if you are, then perhaps a way to go would be to charge 25 Euro for each issue, or 45 Euro for the first 2 issues together, which would manage the shipping cost for you a bit better (i did some mail order business in the past, the 2nd mag will be costing not much more than the first).

If you can advise, then I will decide when to place an order....any advice appreciated. Also agree, buyers guide; interviews with some of the Euro worldcup guys, analysis of stuff, how to section, travel, getting fit.

Not sure why ads should be free, I am sure the advertisers are quite happy to pay something given the high value they receive. It all helps.

Hi Kipstar,

Yes, as I mentioned in a previous thread the 2nd issue of the Carving Magazine is coming together. Indeed the idea is to sell both issues at a slight discount. Although the 2 magazines will be shipped separately and not as a package. Apparently shipping 2 magazines as a package labels it as a parcel and it ends up costing more than 2 separate shipments. Nevertheless we are still planning to offer a discount for someone who wants to buy both issues.

Thanks for the feedback. Some of these our readers will definitely see in the next issue.

The ads were free ONLY for the 1st issue. It was important to do so in order to have a complete magazine. For the second issue we have put together an ad proposal indicating ad spaces, very reasonably priced. After all we are still a brand new publication. Fortunately we already have people that have purchased some of the spaces.