Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Good times, and I thought the distance and mask use was suprisingly good considering my other interactions in CO (likegetting groceries).

Loveland did a great job of ensuring good coverage on their one open run. Looks like early fall over the rest of the hill. I'm hopeful (although extremely doubtful) they will give us access to the Basin trail the racers are on.

Still waiting for full feeling to come back to all my toes, but looking forward to getting back out when the pigglys wiggly.

Edited by Mr.E
  • Like 1

Glad y'all are getting out!  Turns out my 4 pak got returned in the mail.  Only took them a week to get back to me, but it is safe in the ticket office.  I really want to come see all y'all, but I'm doing my best to wait for more runs.  Got out to Vail on Friday and it was reasonably fun.  Decent snow, a few runs, and nobody acting a fool. Rachel is till a good month away from skiing shape so trying to find the motivation to go solo is tough.

• Like 2

Went yesterday for 1st runs on 9 week old knee. Most singles paired up to make a double. There were a few who chose to ride alone. Mambo snow was good. Richards was firm. Snowmaking on 6 looks like it could open soon. Got in 10 runs before front leg was done. New one on back felt good.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, big mario said:

I think there's a shoulder in there as well...

Nope, just a bicep tendon release and soon to be 2 carpal tunnel releases.

On 12/1/2020 at 1:14 PM, JohnE said:

So Arne - this is 2x fake knees and 2x fake hips? If you keep replacing parts you'll never die!

Have to keep on riding. They are not really fake, I prefer artificial. I am getting a tatoo that says "Zimmer equipped"

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, arneburner said:

Nope, just a bicep tendon release and soon to be 2 carpal tunnel releases.

Have to keep on riding. They are not really fake, I prefer artificial. I am getting a tatoo that says "Zimmer equipped"

LCI'S bionic man...

• Like 1

Got some really good turns at Vail and BC this week, but jeez my fitness is atrocious.  I'm belting out 4-5 freaking amazing turns then almost dying of a pulmonary hemorrhage.  The early season "season pass holders only" rule at Vail has been really nice.  It really exposes how short-sighted and problematic the average day ticket user is.  Everyone is following predictable lines, not stopping in the middle of the run, and moving the lift line along appropriately. It feels like the damn twilight zone out there compared to the usual poop-show that is epic resorts.  As soon as Lovey can figure out how to drop some more ropes I'm there.

• Like 2

Pretty good today. Decent turn out for a few hours this morning. Once folks called it I bailed on the Basin and went to the Valley. They just opned 3, and (for the moment) they have the full length of switchback over there. If you time it between racer kid flocks and the few never evers dotting the trail, you can pretty much treat it like a private run.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CId5PqKl8eO/?igshid=1bud5qfc8e4cx

Edited by Mr.E
  • Like 1

On 12/6/2020 at 2:50 PM, Mr.E said:

Pretty good today. Decent turn out for a few hours this morning. Once folks called it I bailed on the Basin and went to the Valley. They just opned 3, and (for the moment) they have the full length of switchback over there. If you time it between racer kid flocks and the few never evers dotting the trail, you can pretty much treat it like a private run.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CId5PqKl8eO/?igshid=1bud5qfc8e4cx

Sunday was fun! Sorry that Mario and I had gassed out and had other stuff to do. Ice,  Dustin,  Ink, Mario and I got several in on Mambo and Richards with good results before catching You in the base area. Nice to see 3 open for those private sessions. Probably my favorite chair at Loveland! 

I’ll be up Sunday again. Kids arrive Saturday but they are coming from sea level so might just give them a break. Hoping to come up every couple/3 days through New Years with the kids in tow!  

• Like 4