Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

On 11/10/2020 at 10:14 PM, Carvin' Marvin said:

All kidding aside, I ordered a 4 pak on Oct 18th and still have not received it.  Having trouble getting in touch with the appropriate authorities.  Has anyone else experienced such dire hardships?

We Ordered a couple for the kids and they have been received

On 11/10/2020 at 5:45 PM, big mario said:

Yo JD, lay off the test...

you’re sounding a little aggro there

temps are staying low, I suspect an opening announcement any day. Richards should be open as well, and maybe a few off of 6

Not aggro, just plain scared. I'm coming off IR, I don't want to be playing bumper cars with my unhealed 1/2 rack of cracked ribs. Technically I should stay on IR through December, bit I'll never learn !!!

I know I'll be rolling with some Offensive linemen, but even the good ones,  let their quarterbacks get blind sided from time to time.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So if they Scan your pass, it counts as a day, I guess.

meh

A whoopin' 716' of vertical today. Once Ice and I got ahold of our passes, we spied lift 1 was shut down, due to 60mph gusts at the top, and no visibility. I was game to take a few on 2, to reacquaint myself with my board. Despite the 10'' of fresh,  Turkey Creek was horribly firm and scratchy, and full of carnage.  we called it after 2, due in part to 4 people ,4' apart in various states of disarray and distress, stopped in the middle of the trail(catwalk) creating a wall across one of the narrowest parts of the trail. We both were feeling a little skiddish.  I did get a few turns in, and the felt good.  So I got that going' for me

We. Were. Done.

Guns are setup on Richards and spillway, so a good chance of additional terrain for next weekend. I have my pass. They are allowing 2 unrelated people on the triples and quads, so lift lines will not be as bad as we may have feared. Six will be single only.

Safety bars now on lift 2, no footrest though.

Best comment of the day was from one of the lovey guys clearing off Ice and enforcing social distancing on the ticket plaza"See that guys Board?(188 monster) thats about 2 meters, if you are closer than that, you are too close". Social distancing was not in place in most lines.  Glad I can go right to the lift next week, and skip the pass office $hit$how

Mario

Edited by big mario
Had to add something punny
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Welp!

I looked at the weather report, temp and wind, and said "I'm too fragile for this $hit". Postponed my outing for mid-week where hopefully there will be less people.

Thank you for the report!

Also, someone got you getting ready on camera (2:00 minute mark) so we have proof (and yes, conditions looked atrocious even for mid-November)

7 hours ago, JRAZZ said:

Also, someone got you getting ready on camera (2:00 minute mark) so we have proof (and yes, conditions looked atrocious even for mid-November)

Wasn't me.  I stayed well clear of the lodge,  tailgated all the way

Mario

8:30 lift 1

21 minutes ago, MR. JOHN DEERE ! said:

Fact not opinion 

8:30 lift 1. We'll do a lap while the slackers pick up their passes

Might have to check the yuppie beer cellar and do beverage service out of the flex tomorrow

• Like 1

E.I.T.

Exercise induced tourette's. Anyone whom has walked out of the Rat and down the steps to the parking lot with me has experienced this, most notably Ice and Inky. Once I got home and managed to stand up straight, I let loose with a string of expletive's that would have made the old man from the Christmas Story proud. Yes, it was a good day, a very good day.

Serious bunch of rippa's out today, Ice, Ink, 007 Racer, Mr E, Slopestar( whom managed to not break his bindings), a recently off the disabled list MassHole tourist John Deere, and myself.  

Patience was needed at times, with a myriad of abilities from wannabe racers, to first timers, and kooks of all stripes  crowding onto catwalk, mambo, and home run. Good openings could be found, enough for me to burn my legs out before  running  out of room.  A narrowed down spillway with a smorgasbord of death cookies about halfway down opened about mid morning.  Notso much for day 2, 1 for some of the others. Everyone but JD and Ink called it after 5, Ink and JD held out for 1 more. 

We all adjourned to the Cahr Bahr( back of the flex) for recovery beverages and the usual embellishments of our collective awesomeness. Felt like old times, and was really needed by me. Snow moving in in the next few days, so the latter part of the week should start shaping up rather nicely. See you on Thursday.

Mario

• Like 2