Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Bummer! 

But in the grand scheme of things, probably for the best. I can give up my expensive upper middle class hobby for a while so people don't die and the hospitals are not overwhelmed. As I've very recently been a guest of the fine establishment of Denver Health and survived their attempt on my life I can vouch that anything to keep people away from those places is very worth while.

I will pump up the tires on my gravel bike and get away from everyone tomorrow. Not as fast but just as tiring.

Peace!

Edit: but if you really can't sit still, willing to take a chance on heavy crowds and risk contamination... I hear Snowy Range is still open!

11 hours ago, lordmetroland said:

God-f***ing-dammit! This is precisely why we should be able to give a post the finger. That stupid weepy-eyed emoji does not convey sufficient rage

Nor can we express ennui

• Like 1

In order to keep all our guests and employees safe and healthy, we have made the incredibly difficult decision to close for the 2019/20 season. This has not been easy for anyone, but it is the best way we can help stop the spread of COVID-19. We understand that there will be some frustration regarding our decision, but we feel strongly that this is best for everyone.

We are communicating this information with our employees and providing scheduled seasonal Loveland Ski Area employees with up to three weeks of compensation beyond what has already been worked in addition to their seasonal bonus. Many employees will also have the opportunity to work additional hours in the coming weeks. All employees will be off this week and compensated during this closure.

Any date specific products(lift tickets, rental packages, lessons) will be fully refunded. 2019/20 4-Pak tickets will be valid for the entire 2020/21 season. We are working on accommodations for 2019/20 season pass holders and will have more information in the coming weeks.

The ski area will be closed and our call center and ticket office will be unstaffed through Sunday, March 22. We will be unable to process any refund requests until Monday, March 23. We thank you in advance for your patience.

Now that we are closed for the season, the mountain is open for uphill access. Go to skiloveland.com/the-mountain/uphill-access/ for all the details. Please note that there will be no avalanche mitigation or emergency services. Uphill users must practice safe backcountry travel and use 911 for any emergencies.

We appreciate your understanding during this difficult time and we look forward to skiing and snowboarding with everyone again next season.

Just posted on the Loveland FB page

• Sad 2

On 3/14/2020 at 7:47 PM, lordmetroland said:

God-f***ing-dammit! This is precisely why we should be able to give a post the finger. That stupid weepy-eyed emoji does not convey sufficient boiling rage

4 hours ago, JRAZZ said:

Just posted on the Loveland FB page

🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕

Not at you Jordan, but at covid phucken 19

Edited by big mario
Forget to use my expletive work around. Schits gots me all out of sorts. Out of whack too
  • Like 1

He's been on a tear, I think making up for a slower start to his season. I'm looking forward to tuning then storage waxing mine when it arrives. Fresh for next year. I should probably just do the full fleet while I'm at it.

I finally put a fork in it today.  Boards are up, bindings loosened, rest of the gear put away.

like many, I was not expecting the season to end so quickly, but that last day was magnificent. 9 riders on alpine boards, and an ex ski racer/coach from Pa. trenching it up on skis. Along the way, we picked up a stray, Isaac, on an '88 burner. Beautiful bluebird day, with sunburned teeth in abundance. 

On the whole, despite the few hiccups along the way, I had a really good season. Thanks again to Carvin' Marvin, Coach Ink, and Slopestar for the footy they shot and shared, it was a bit of an awakening to me, I was making good turns, but that footage showed me that I was riding complacent and lazy.  I started to shake things up that day, and was really looking forward to the next Sunday when I could put a little more into the mix. Alas, as we know now, that day will have to wait until next season. I am really looking forward to it.

Thanks to all that came out and played with us this year, it was a pleasure making trenches with you!

Til some time in October( I hope)

Mario

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...