Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Yup, if I'm not chasing the gang around, I'm usually just lapping 3 to try to work on technique. The run to lift line ratio is good for me. Unless it's empty and blue bird.

If anyone is headed up mid week (ever) feel free to ping. I try to get a floating day in W/Th/Fri depending on my schedule.

• Like 1

It's been pretty ok lately, but I imagine after this weeks snow it'll be more crowded thany typical, and if it's single digits tomorrow I wouldn't mind staying below the wind.

As of mid week at least, Switchback off 3 was open top to bottom (they were not yet forcing you to dump onto Boomerang).

• Like 1

I have been museless lately, and disjointed. 2020 sucks

I started this ride report back on thanksgiving day, but never finished it.

I am so thankful for the regular crew of rippers that I get to ride with every weekend, as well as the occasional guests that show up from such exotic locals  as Canukistan, Australia, ohio, Sweden, as well as a Masshole or other eastcoaster(heres lookin at you JD!)  stopping by our little cold and windy ski area. Thanks to all of you for being part of the LCI

Hopped on the lift 3  this am with Ice,aka Mr positve with temps at a balmy -7f (-21 for you wayward canucks reading this).  We started over at the valley to get away from the madness at the basin. Tough way to start the day, neither Kevin or myself managed to get comfrotable with the cold, , the lift stoppage, and the minimal terrain.  Called it early once my sissy ass caught a chill I couldnt shake.  I am thankful for any turn i get in in 2020.  Made a run with Mr. E, saw dustin and shelly on the lift, and heard a rumor that Lance and Fam where over at the basin. We reallly need some more snow at this point, but with patiance, good runs could be had.  Snow was really good..

Edited by big mario
  • Like 2

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-105.91438290942462&lat=39.672736185052514#.X95jajSSmUk

Becky with the good hair on 9News this am was calling for the massive big gusts for tomorrow.  The gridpoint forcast from noaa above is only calling out 60...

Thank goodness chair 3 has a retention bar now

1 hour ago, Mr.E said:

I'm seeing gusts at 30-40mph. What weather predictor are you using?

Between the wind and the fist holiday weekend, I'm tempted to pass as I don't want to spend 6hrs in the car.