Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

57 minutes ago, Mr.E said:

Now that we are pretty well through the holidays I'm going to try to get back on Sundays (and Copper Tue). How is the terrain/ coverage as of late?

Still pretty light coverage. Not much more than Fire Bowl/T. Creek. Firecut is open but not really good. Give it a couple of storms.

2 hours ago, HillB said:

marginal personalities

I prefer "characters" 😛

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It was fun indeed! I knew I should have switched to the smaller radius board. Gimp but not totally broken. Nurse Katie is tending to my stiff back and hoping a few days of desk jockey work will help with the healing

great fun riding with you all today

Edited by slopestar
  • Like 3

Happy 2021 LCI crew...quick question for you all... I am moving to Denver around beginning of April and wanted to know how long the general season at Loveland is to make a decision on buying a season pass for the remaining season?

cheers and thanks,

sandy

• Like 6

Oooh! Welcome!!

Loveland's season ends after the first weekend of May every year. It's a national forest permit thing. So the last day would be 5/2/2021 for this season.

ABasin usually stays open until June and sometimes even July. Apparently now so does Breck. This season thus far has been very poor in terms of snow coverage so I doubt they'll stay open too long. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, svr said:

Happy 2021 LCI crew...quick question for you all... I am moving to Denver around beginning of April and wanted to know how long the general season at Loveland is to make a decision on buying a season pass for the remaining season?

cheers and thanks,

sandy

Stoked for your arrival Sandy.

ink

• Like 1

On 1/9/2021 at 8:11 PM, svr said:

cheers and thanks,

sandy

Sandy - In the past, if you purchased a ‘21/‘22 pass at that time of the year, Loveland would allow you to use that pass to finish out the ‘20/‘21 season.

• Like 3

Had a good carving day Monday despite the throngs of what appeared to be college students. Started out being met by a guy having his Coors breakfast. Got to yell "turn dumbass" at the typical straight liners on Roulette and "Look uphill dumbass" to the guy jumping out of the woods right in front of you near the bottom of Richards. All in all, a typical day with a full parking lot. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, arneburner said:

Had a good carving day Monday despite the throngs of what appeared to be college students. Started out being met by a guy having his Coors breakfast. Got to yell "turn dumbass" at the typical straight liners on Roulette and "Look uphill dumbass" to the guy jumping out of the woods right in front of you near the bottom of Richards. All in all, a typical day with a full parking lot. 

Yep, sounds like Lovey as of late.  Petite  40ish snowboard chick parked next to me as I was changing out at the end of my day Sunday, powering down a can of 8% Old Chub while she was getting ready and waiting for the rest of her crew.  I like to escape reality as much as the next guy, but not before I even start my day. Scary stuff

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, big mario said:

Petite  40ish snowboard chick parked next to me as I was changing out at the end of my day Sunday, powering down a can of 8% Old Chub while she was getting ready and waiting for the rest of her crew.

Party like it's 1999. 

I'll admit, you had me with the first 4 words though... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, big mario said:

Yep, sounds like Lovey as of late.  Petite  40ish snowboard chick parked next to me as I was changing out at the end of my day Sunday, powering down a can of 8% Old Chub while she was getting ready and waiting for the rest of her crew.  I like to escape reality as much as the next guy, but not before I even start my day. Scary stuff

I see it every morning at all resort I have been lately this season. Seems to be normal for most of the people. Crazy.

• Like 1

Went up to Loveland yesterday for our first outing of the season. High winds were predicted. Very windy at the Dino lots and we considered bagging it. We went ahead anyway. Drive up was fine, parked right next to the stairs. Wasn't nearly as windy up there as in the foothills. The mid-week demographic seemed different than the last 2 years: younger and more snowboarders. Crowds were light and the snow was good enough (not great, not terrible). The winds were never an issue. Visibility was bright to a bit flat but never really an issue. 

We did 15 runs split between Firebowl/Turtle Creek, Roulette and Duces Wild. Started about 9AM and quit a bit after 1PM. Drive home was a breeze. 

Hitting it hard for 4 hours really worked out legs.