Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

9 minutes ago, Mr.E said:

Great riding with everyone today. That was a good sized group!

What Mr. E said - holy mini session! Off the top of my head, attendees were: Mr. E, Johann, slopestar, Katie, Shelly, HillB, Ice, yasu, Odd Job, Arne, big Mario, inkaholic, Carvin Marvin, and yours truly.

It was a fun group and great to see everybody tearing up the hill!

• Like 4

Gregory & I went up Wednesday and met Arne up there. We were on softboots, Arne on hardboots. 

Arne was smooooth as butta'. Riding on 2 fake hips and 2 fake knees. We joked that he should be a spokesperson for (and sponsored by) the prosthetic joint manufacturer:

"Before I got my Acme hips and Acme knees, I couldn't even spell snowboard. Now look at me!"

We discovered that there is no reason to get up there early. They don't open the lodge until 8AM so you just have to sit in your car. No fun. 

Drive up no problem. Weather was nice - light breeze and passing clouds. Crowds were light but more than years previous. Snow was good but they really need more. I think we got in about 15 runs from 9AM until shortly after 1PM. Firebowl, Turtle Creek, Duces Wild, Roulette and Keno. They opened Lift #4 and it got completely tracked out by 1PM. Drive home was a breeze. Planning on next Wednesday again. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JohnE said:

Gregory & I went up Wednesday and met Arne up there. We were on softboots, Arne on hardboots. 

Arne was smooooth as butta'. Riding on 2 fake hips and 2 fake knees. We joked that he should be a spokesperson for (and sponsored by) the prosthetic joint manufacturer:

"Before I got my Acme hips and Acme knees, I couldn't even spell snowboard. Now look at me!"

We discovered that there is no reason to get up there early. They don't open the lodge until 8AM so you just have to sit in your car. No fun. 

Drive up no problem. Weather was nice - light breeze and passing clouds. Crowds were light but more than years previous. Snow was good but they really need more. I think we got in about 15 runs from 9AM until shortly after 1PM. Firebowl, Turtle Creek, Duces Wild, Roulette and Keno. They opened Lift #4 and it got completely tracked out by 1PM. Drive home was a breeze. Planning on next Wednesday again. 

It was a good day. Snow was fairly soft, yet great for carving! Getting my Zimmer equiped tattoos soon!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Carvin' Marvin said:

Any chance you end up in CO for a few days again this year?

I have a place (from last year's covid cancel) in Vail March 28-April 4.  It's now a use it or lose it scenario.  I just can't say right now.  The crystal ball isn't so crystal clear at the moment. 

If I can, I will! 

• Like 3