Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

34 minutes ago, big mario said:

No comparison

Scrub, roulette, richards, switchback, and twist with 2x the length and maybe 4 people on it. Steep, big ass  rockin' mountain

That is all,

Mario

I agree.  The pitch of the Turner is REALLY nice for carving.  The carving pitches seemed to be the perfect length to burn your legs off then take a break.  The only negative I think we all decided on was it is not a great big-fast board mountain.  With all that pitch and "narrower" runs than we are used to things could get out of hand really quick.  Everyone seemed really happy on a 165-175 cm range board unless you had a Monster or 8RW that could be bent into smaller-than-typical-for-the-length turns.

Also as a side note: Big thank you to Brett from Prinoth for coming and grooming.  The grooming wasn't super great the first day but good the second, and SO EFFING GOOD the third and fourth days when the sun was shining down upon us.  Man those were good conditions. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Carvin' Marvin said:

The dudes tearing it up.  D.T. was there rippin it up to but he had some very important professional matters to attend to during filming.

Nice Job Aaron!

Big thanks to you, Inky, and D.T. for shooting all of that!

Mario

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Carvin' Marvin said:

The only negative I think we all decided on was it is not a great big-fast board mountain.  With all that pitch and "narrower" runs than we are used to things could get out of hand really quick.  Everyone seemed really happy on a 165-175 cm range board unless you had a Monster or 8RW that could be bent into smaller-than-typical-for-the-length turns.

Not really a negative, just the character of the mountain. But I agree! I did a couple of runs on my 15/16m sidecut board and exchanged it for one with a 13/14m sidecut. Way more fun! Then used a smaller 11m sidecut board for firm/chunky mornings. 

Plus of course the not-a-Donek-MK with whatever crazy tight radius it has! That was a bit tiring after a few runs! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Corey said:

Not really a negative, just the character of the mountain. But I agree! I did a couple of runs on my 15/16m sidecut board and exchanged it for one with a 13/14m sidecut. Way more fun! Then used a smaller 11m sidecut board for firm/chunky mornings. 

Very true. I don't like those type boards anyhow, but everyone in the LCI seems to for some reason ;).  Some quick gear adjustments and everyone was happy.  Overall I was very surprised with the overall quantity of very solid carving trails with good vert.

3 hours ago, big mario said:

I'm in tomorrow

Can't make it tomorrow but I have a good feeling about next Sunday.

• Like 2

I would be remiss if I didn't apologize for dropping the ball as your faithful LCI scribe, I mean ,phor phucks sake, its Wednesday evening, and we still haven't had a Sunday ride update!

Here's my lame ass excuse:

I've been sleeping like shit since the beating my quads took on Sunday, the pain,oh the pain!  My attempts at self medication post ride left me unable to form a coherent sentence, so here we are...

Out last Sunday were stalwarts Inky, Ice, and myself, the occasional Racer H, and the elusive Mr.E.  A shit ton more snow fell than advertised, leading to some severious mushy push piles building up on top of a really plush, grippy groom. I rode with soft legs, hence my current crybaby state,  but I still found ways to get bucked even with my excessive girth.  Despite being in my grey poupon for my cheese neediin' to go along with my whine state, I managed to get a dozen in before I had to call it and pull the chute.  

I had a bit of a time on reentry, after spending 4 days @MCC and its crowded slopes,  I kept getting freaked out by the fact that there where others on the hill, and found myself pulling up more than I normally would.  If y'alls are on the fence about Montucky, y'all need to jump off of that fence and commit to it ( there's moonshine!) and do it.  you wont regret it.  Commercial over, now back to your regularly scheduled programing.  Once I settled in, and managed a few good turns, I came to the realization that I am going to rather enjoy riding that new 'lil  secret 180, it's a turny little bastard.  Bringing it out again next Sunday.  Forecast looking carvalicious,  how many of you other knuckleheads are in?

mario

Edited by big mario
Repetitive redundant wordiness
  • Like 3

Switched up my soft boot binding game. We will see how that goes... No more 4 pack tickets left so Katie and I would need sponsors/buddy passes at least. I’m thinking it’s going to be a really good time with everyone so... we are a definite maybe. I’ve been a little sick too but I’m getting over it. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, slopestar said:

Switched up my soft boot binding game. We will see how that goes... No more 4 pack tickets left so Katie and I would need sponsors/buddy passes at least. I’m thinking it’s going to be a really good time with everyone so... we are a definite maybe. I’ve been a little sick too but I’m getting over it. 

We gotcha on the buddy passes. Lookin like CM will need one too. 
D.T., you in this Sunday?

Who else is coming out to rip around with us?

inky

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday - 

Cold (~5 deg), breezy, sunny. Arne, Gregory & myself. Arne rode with his wife. 

A few laps on Ptarmigan (very good carving), then over to #4 (Mercury) groom was sketchy, then #9 up to Rookie Road (groom very sketchy). Back to #4 and Telstar then over to #8. Awsome was very wind sculpted & windpacked. Groom on Chet's was poor. Back over to Firebowl & then to Dueces (groom was good on both). Clouds moved in quickly about 12:30. Visibility went bad & started snowing so we ended the day. 

Didn't see our new friend Wes. He may be up there on Sunday.