Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

I'm curious if the Idaho springs area road closures are something that happens every year with road maintenance, or if it's particular highway adjustment project. Not that it matters I suppose just curious if that regular lane closure is a standard thing year-to-year.

I'm so lucky...

spacer.png

There's quite a bit of discussion that can be had about Loveland as a carving destination. But all of that discussion is moot when you factor in the Loveland carving crew. The LCI is probably the greatest concentration of phenomenal carvers in North America. Not only are they great people to carve with and improve your carving they are also great people to have a beer with after carving.

Thanks to all I rode with today I had a blast.

Mahalo- Dave

Edited by lonbordin
...so tired.
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Definitely a good one today. Been a while since lovey has had a bigger group of carvers out with people moving or taking themselves out.

Great to see Carvin Marvin and yamifumi again, you both are killing it. Bigs and Ice, glad you both have mostly recovered and are back out in the line up.

Dave, great meeting you and thanks for joining us today! 
That was fun!

ink

Edited by inkaholic
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Carvin' Marvin said:

Buncha rippers rippin it up! Seriously though, some of those runs were unrideable after we butchered them.

derrick.jpg

yasu.jpg

dave.jpg

kevin.jpg

dustin.jpg

mario.jpg

I know...  Scared myself as I came up parallel to one of my trenches. Managed to tighten up.and get away from that tank trap. Had to check my knickers after that one.  Tweaked my ribs a bit when my trailing hand dropped into someone's previous trench. Might have been one of mine.  Severiously trencherous shit right there.

Mario

18 hours ago, big mario said:

I know...  Scared myself as I came up parallel to one of my trenches. Managed to tighten up.and get away from that tank trap. Had to check my knickers after that one.  Tweaked my ribs a bit when my trailing hand dropped into someone's previous trench. Might have been one of mine.  Severiously trencherous shit right there.

Mario

Severiously trencherous shit...

I LOVE it !   That should be a bumper sticker

• Haha 3

Yesterday: Overcast most of the day, cool but not cold, no wind, light snow flurries. Recent snow was groomed nicely (much better than 2 weeks ago). The snow held up well for 3 hours. Little traffic either direction, slopes were uncrowded.

Many laps on Ptarmigan, several on Deuces Wild. Tried Rookie Road off #9 but it needs more snow and grooming. 

Great day. About 16 runs between 9AM - 12:30.  

• Like 1

The Return of MR. AWESOME (albeit briefly)

So  I decided to back off and do a few runs on mambo after finding my self comfortably ensconced in the back seat in 3 or 4 turns on Richards on the previous run.  As I approached the junction of Richards and home run, I needed to pick my jaw up off the snow after watching this unknown cat absophuckinglutely rip the off camber section of lower Richards to shreds.  I caught up to him at the lift chicane, and it turned out to be the long absent MR. AWESOME!!! So glad to see you at the Luv today!

Another Steller day today, with Dusty Bottle, Ice, Inky, Lil' Miss Haily, Racer H, and my self in attendance.  Pop Pop, you might not see it now, but your little granddaughter is about to leave you in the dust in the next season or so.  Better start working on that fitness, you're  gunna need it.  I passed her on catwalk, and she is riding with a confidence beyond her years.  

A few of us are out for a  bit as we trek up to Montucky, so I am expecting you , James to pick up my slack with your usual pithy, somewhat verbose updates.

See you in 3 weeks,

Mario 

Edited by big mario
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2