Note to New Members ×

If Money Was No Object

Thor VonRippington

Tinkler 185 full system, split nose and tail. Need a good carver. Not that I really needa reason to want a tinkler.

Phenix carbon top 185 swallowtail. I love swallowtails!

Donek top secret custom twin tip 164/12.5 sidecut/24 waist Titanal sleeper. I like bringing a gun to a knife fight...Bwahaha!!

Well, I have a 158/18/10, a 170/21/14, and a 180/19/16. All I want now is a 205/19/18.5, and maybe a custom all-mtn carver. It would be 168/23/12.

(length/width/radius)

Oh, and an original Madd 158 while we're at it. Just to see. I'd be surprised if it was better than the one I have.

If money was no object, which three boards would you buy right now and why.

Be specific... don't just name a builder

kessler BX, I've wanted a bad ass bx ride for awhile and it'd want it in a specific width.

SG pro race, always liked the race boards.

Coiler AM with metal, the AMs are great boards, my old AM probably was the board that kept me happy the longest as far as board envy. it was my go to for ages. metal could only make it better I assume.

That 200cm SG board with metal that hardbooter has, I like putting on a giant stick every now and then.

I'd like to have a custom softboot setup built, basically a tanker like thing with metal, a specific width and the most important part, having it split with inserts for viole

whoops more than 3

I kinda like what I've got in my quiver now :D

No powder boards, as powder boards wind up being rock boards, and I don't see the point in spending the money on something I'm going to ding up.

I would probably get a Virus with one of the three, since I've never ridden one and they sound fun. Not sure which model.

Coiler Monster, since Bruce said he really enjoyed riding last year. So far I've really liked everything he's recommended - especially the NSR. Probably doesn't hurt that he and are about the same height / weight.

Then I'd probably get a new NSR while I 'm at it.

I *would* of course let both Bruce and Frank know that money is no object, and that if they ever wanted to try something exotic materials wise, now is the time :D

Season Pass to the Loaf and Sunapee

Condo at the Loaf and Aspen

Private Heli to get me there :D

Stack of 10 TD3's and a bunch of dem new Fin-Tec thingies:D

Tinkler and a Virus Extreme series

oh and stop working of course :lol:

I mean if money is no object I better be carving right

At this stage of my life, I'd take the quiver of well used boards that I have and chase snow with my family for a whole year, heli, cat operation, resorts, the whole lot.

Having the next best thing in boards is great, but snowboarding for a whole year with my family would be priceless.

Well, well, well. Aren't you the troublemaker Stan.

Would love to try one of Mats Alpinepunk boards. Either the Metal Burner or the wood mirror image grained beauty that was posted up a while back.

One of the long Tinklers. ( I haven't looked hard enough to figure out which one as they all look so sexy, but I can't even go there at present )

Would like to try one of the Virus. Maybe that zylon one or Goddess?

Schtubby.

A better split board that the old Nitro I have.

Powder stick. I am thinking the Winterstick swallowtail for nostalgia purposes.

Still looking for a Mistral Ecstasy 167 asym. My first carver. I want one for the wall and one to ride.

Also looking for another Craig Kelly 168 that was like the one I picked up in CO and rode into the ground.

Sorry I veered from the parameters of the question, but if money was no object I wouldn't stop at three.

Certified gear whore. And yes I would sell myself for an Alpinepunk or Tinkler. to put priorities on it.

Tinkler full system goofy w/rockered tip&tail, a little shorter than SVR's, maybe 188 or so.

Virus Godess

A-star with pilot for proper comparison tests.

TD3s

Buy Dalbello to create "Oneboot", NTN compatable, With Fin's help to integrate DIN standard fintecs with Vibram soles on a boot with walk mode BTS & LFTS (Lateral flex tuning system).

Dream big:sleep:

Hard to pick just three, but I think these would make a nice quiver.

1. Titanal Madd 158. I already have a Madd 158 and like it a lot, and I think the titanal version would be great. The perfect board for the smaller eastern hills I ride.

2. custom Coiler AM-T. I'd have to discuss specifics with Bruce, but 20cm width seems to be the sweet spot for me. 172 seems to be the standard, but I might even go a bit shorter, like 169 or so, since I tend to like shorter turnier boards and I'm fairly light. This would be the all-around all-conditions board.

3. Third board is a tough choice. A powder board would round out the quiver, but I rarely get to ride powder, so it would be a waste. Coiler stubby, Madd 170, Prior WCR metal, Donek FCII metal are all boards that I lust for (actually, I have a new Prior metal which I haven't ridden yet). I think I would get a custom Donek FCII built for my weight, probably a 171, or maybe a 175. This would be my (relatively) longer carving board for when I travel out west or when the local hills aren't crowded. The other choice, pretty much a tie, would be a titanal-carbon Madd 170.

Id have a pogo longboard 180 wit da double concave for powder

Id have a donek metal custom axis with a skinnier waist and a larger sidecut (20.5cm-ish and 14M) for most of my riding

Id have a new pogo overdose or madd 158 for night riding

id have a prior 4WD 154 as my beginning/end of season slush/mogul/rock board.

Agggh! thats one too many... i guess i can cut out the rock board if im rich, i can just get new boards each year! Oh, and thered be TD3s on them all. And id have Deeluxe T700s.

Virus Goddess (For show and tell and just the best board on the planet)

Prior Custom Metal just for her (conversation piece and a solid riding board)

I'd spend the rest of my money following the snow and on the latest and greatest hardbooting gear and apparel.

It's important to look good as it is to feel good!

Well, well, well. Aren't you the troublemaker Stan.
:ices_ange
Would love to try one of Mats Alpinepunk boards. Either the Metal Burner or the wood mirror image grained beauty that was posted up a while back.
Go with metal for the ride but also the flex. The wood grain ones are too soft for us "plus size" carving dogs.

:ices_ange

Go with metal for the ride but also the flex. The wood grain ones are too soft for us "plus size" carving dogs.

Great just great. I had to look at the alpinepunk site again.

1,000 euros. You know I have a young family right?

Sheeeshhh.

Maybe I will see you at SES this year and exact some revenge for planting these thoughts. :eplus2: