Note to New Members ×

Da ultimate challenge: 360 carve on snowboard

Vahur

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say it counts until you, or someone else, posted better video. From there on that one would be used to judge the newcomming ones. This is the best (and only) so far.

So guys, post the videos or shut up, once and forever.

That was good.

Let it go.

Technically, we have a winner. Definately on edge all the way around.

Not spectacular, but a win is a win is a win.

Now we know why they never make it to highlight reels.

Gilmore, send him the money!

Video was taken with my phone today. Riding a Madd 158. Of course I did a better one earlier which I didn't get on camera:D Only had one take.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRzqG9aEhB4&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRzqG9aEhB4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Nice job Clebner! Maybe this will be enough to get Warren Miller to visit Michigan.

Or maybe they can fly me to Aspen to be a part of the Olympic rings carving team!

Here is one more from the bottom of the hill.<object height="350" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6g0q3Wg66M" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="350" width="425"> </object>

Way to go Clebner and Erwin!!! Erwin, was that below the loading point for Silver Chair, it looks nice and wide open?? I think with Clebners and Gdboytyler's vid this thread can officially be locked!!

At Bear Mtn, it's where Ripcord and Exhibition merge, above the Silver Chair loading point. I rode out of Ripcord and turned up towards Exhibition.

Sorry folks to be PIA, but do you considere those films as 360's?

I tought that idea was make 360 turn size somehow related to sidecut of board, not using something size of corn field :eek:

But if that was what you were looking, ok and sorry my whining.

I was hoping/expecting to see something else. But hey, this jus silly me :freak3:

I tought that idea was make 360 turn size somehow related to sidecut of board, not using something size of corn field :eek:

I was hoping/expecting to see something else. But hey, this jus silly me :freak3:

I'm pretty sure what I've been viewing here can be done on an old rental with clickers.For just 20.00 each I'll provide everyone with a dvd showing me doing it:)

Madd 158 has 11m SCR. Diameter = 22m = 72ft. My version of the 360 was in that range.

I'm sure if JG gets enough money, he'll take requests on diameter of the carved circle. Smaller the circle, the more money you'll have to pay.

I met a fellow carver who was testing out a 10Hz GPS last time I rode with him. That will log multiple points through a single turn and should give you fairly accurate velocity and acceleration (lateral) values. I doubt either of us break 30 mph though :o

99.9% of GPS's are 1Hz, and velocity calcs are for $hite if you are carving turns. They are great for calibrating your speedo on the highway.

If you all want to paypal him $10 maybe he'll post a tracklog :lol:

(p.s. I'm not doubting anyone's speed claims... just commenting on GPS talk)

________

Wendie 99