Note to New Members ×

Da ultimate challenge: 360 carve on snowboard

Vahur

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just moved back into my place in Aspen and set up my Video editing stuff.. I had to take a class at apple... anyway.. better still I have 2 twenty year old film majors living with me who will edit it..

I netted the first circle of the season yesterday. conditions were perfect for carving.

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventthumbs?event=Y87T04LZ&b=0&t=-1&start=0&password=

It is warm now- and the snow is well groomed... anyone missing December is really missing a good time. Yesterday was like 1st week in March.

________

Iolite Vaporizer Review

• 1 month later...

Vids won't load for me.

Joe, I would rather rip a couple of runs with JG than do anything else.

I'm sure he rides well and has helped some bombers out, Tpalka among them or shot vid with. And Tom's videos rock, so I am gonna try to take the high road here.

JG, how about getting those done for SES?

Vids won't load for me.

Joe, I would rather rip a couple of runs with JG than do anything else.

I'm sure he rides well and has helped some bombers out, Tpalka among them or shot vid with. And Tom's videos rock, so I am gonna try to take the high road here.

JG, how about getting those done for SES?

I heard from him and was assured of a video by SES. Although I'm always up for a well-deserved beat down, I won't be able to make SES so I'll need to rely on you (?) if any "negotiations" are needed during said event :)

Hey BTW I was in Sun Valley last week and I, a master of our local 330 foot hill, counted how many times I had to stop coming down Warm Springs. Yeah, I stopped 10 times LOL :) The Warm Springs Lift should be a religious site for our discipline.

hmm the beat down sounds like a good Idea and cheaper. I sucked at getting this done.. I partied too much with the south african girls. And of course... if people want refunds that is fine by me.... but wait to see what people think first.

now I have the deadline before me...

SES.

I decided I won't ride until I get it done... before SES.

No sleep til brooklyn.

JG

I heard from him and was assured of a video by SES. Although I'm always up for a well-deserved beat down, I won't be able to make SES so I'll need to rely on you (?) if any "negotiations" are needed during said event :)

Hey BTW I was in Sun Valley last week and I, a master of our local 330 foot hill, counted how many times I had to stop coming down Warm Springs. Yeah, I stopped 10 times LOL :) The Warm Springs Lift should be a religious site for our discipline.

Agree on Warm Springs. One of the best all time waves anywhere. Conditions were A+. At least for the two hours I got out last week.

hmm the beat down sounds like a good Idea and cheaper. I sucked at getting this done.. I partied too much with the south african girls. And of course... if people want refunds that is fine by me.... but wait to see what people think first.

now I have the deadline before me...

SES.

I decided I won't ride until I get it done... before SES.

No sleep til brooklyn.

JG

Now John, I am not going let you off the hook on this. But no riding until SES. That seems a little extreme to this carve addicted fiend.

My chances of making it to SES are going the way of the dodo bird. But who knows I might pull a rabbit out of my hat and be there for one or two days.

yes... Aztec is the best it has ever been for carving and yesterday I had the best day of carving (in softies) ever... not it doesn't compare to hard booting on chaulk... but it is still a rush.

Blue bird skies right now...locked myself in my room. lol..

best carving conditions I have ever seen at Aspen... or frankly...ANYWHERE... even better than last year.

yes... Aztec is the best it has ever been for carving and yesterday I had the best day of carving (in softies) ever... not it doesn't compare to hard booting on chaulk... but it is still a rush.

Blue bird skies right now...locked myself in my room. lol..

best carving conditions I have ever seen at Aspen... or frankly...ANYWHERE... even better than last year.

Epic here too. Blue bird again - work today, but tomorrow at 9 am I will be dressed and ready to roll and rock.

• 4 weeks later...

Took a lesson yesterday @ Bear Creek, Pa. First run with the instructor, when he gets to the bottom near the lift, very non-chalantly he 'carves' a Sweet 360* (plus) , guessing about 450*.

I know, no video, NO PROOF! (but like he said, no need to prove anythihg to anyone)

He wasn't going a million MPH, and he wasn't all hunched over, heck I don't even think his hair was on fire, but it WAS a carved 360+ !

I just smiled, shook my head and said, "Ah,ha the Illustrious 360 that no one can do", since I know he's on Bomber. He just smiled.

Great lesson, by the way, if anyone in the area is looking for help. :biggthump