The Summertime I'm Bored Superthread attempt

tex1230

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

God, will school please be over? Then I can have my life back.

Ha! Boy, I'd hate to say it, but that is misguided.

It's definately nice to be out of school... But it's definately nice to be still in school. If you can "get your life back" like that then more power to you, but it's a whole nother world out there.

I climbed outside for the first time last weekend and LOVED it.

I'd really like to get into climbing, but 1) it's a sport where you need other people to do it, 2) I'm sure I don't want to dump $500 on MORE sports gear, and 3) when the hell would I get time to camp and hike and bike and rollerblade if I went climbing every weekend?

Ride your bike almost to the spot. Hike the rest of the way. Climb. Camp after your day of climbing. Hike back to your bike. Ride your bike back home. I don't know about the rollerblade part though...

I use to be big into climbing in college and pre kids. I was just at Carabiners this past weekend. It is be far the best indoor rock climbing gym I've ever been to. The walls are 65 feet tall and they change routes weekly, it is the largest and tallest indoor gym in New England. I'll be taking som BOL'ers there at some point in the fall. If you're into climbing or just getting started, I highly recommend this place.

Ha! Boy, I'd hate to say it, but that is misguided.

It's definately nice to be out of school... But it's definately nice to be still in school. If you can "get your life back" like that then more power to you, but it's a whole nother world out there.

That being the problem - I have the whole other life, a full time job, and school as well. I'm doing my CGA/Canadian accounting degree. National exams with 50% pass rates, all by distance learning, and I'm scraping by on about 10 hours a week when they recommend double that. How the hell do people work full time, and study for another 20 hours a week?? Add to that my New Zealand accounting designation was gained in 1990, and you get an idea of how long I've been away from this stuff.

That said, I haven't failed a paper yet, and I don't intend to start. If I passed the June exam (and I'm confident I did) then I only have one more paper to go, and I'll be done in Dec.

Ride your bike almost to the spot. Hike the rest of the way. Climb. Camp after your day of climbing. Hike back to your bike. Ride your bike back home. I don't know about the rollerblade part though...

Derf, you're on to it! The only problem is that the climbing is about 100km from where I live, and you can't fit the dogs on a bike. :cool:

Another classic EC gem is "20 flight rock" great song about a dude with a girlfriend who lives 20 flights up and the elevators broke, so when he gets to the top, he's tired to rock. I remember it both from my Dad's old brittle vinyl 78's and my buddies band "the dogmatics" covering it in the 80's.

Here's Brian Setzer's take on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4waR0PF7JqE

here it is....

... it's been like 30 degrees every day for the last 2 weeks. It's too damn hot to do anything outside until about 10pm, and the house is like an oven. It's too hot to sleep and I'm tired and cranky.

Make it rain already. Or hurry up and make it August 30 so I can go on holiday. I don't care if it's 30 degrees if I'm at the beach.