The Summertime I'm Bored Superthread attempt

tex1230

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I just found myself readin the carvers almanac... I was readin the "why carve" section...

I got it real bad... I don't know if I can make it... It's so far away. And I've got a board that I have only used for 1 run. And its a soft board and it was slushy snow, so it wasn't even satisfying... I've gotta ride that board.:smashfrea

I'm thinkin about picking up a ripstik this weekend.. Ripstick cause it's so flat around here. I'm not a skateboarder and I'm not a surfer, I'm a snowboarder. If t-boards were pumpable I'd get one in a second, but I need something pumpable and feels like snowboarding.

Anyways, I've got work to do.

So last night I ran over to my parents house to get my wetsuit for tubin and kneeboardin and stuff this week when what did I see? One of the skateboards that my brother and I got when we were about kneehigh to a grasshopper. Its' definately nothing special. It's about a billion pounds and stiffer than... Well, I'd say stiffer than a board, but that doesn't seem to work anymore. It's got possibly the cheapest trucks you've ever seen and I'm sure the wheels are right along those lines. It's got plastic rails running down the bottom edges, I'd assume for grinding on stuff, and on the top it says "Off The Lip".... It surely isn't much, but it might just be enough to get my rocks off for now.

you think you got it bad? my new board just came in today...July 27, 90 degrees, and I've got this beautiful coiler just begging for some corduroy!

:smashfrea:smashfrea:smashfrea:smashfrea:smashfrea:smashfrea:smashfrea

Tex, I can introduce that coiler to some corduroy next week...in Chile. Does she have a passport? I'll have her back home before labor day.

In other news, no surf on the coast this past weekend...The skateboards got a good work up though...

Riding to work this morning SUCKED! forecast said scattered thunderstorms with an afternoon high in the 90's

so I put on a lightweight rain jacket and set off in the morning fog...

about 5 miles from home the sky opened up and dumped heavy rain the entire way to work. Rain jacket didn't work too well...I spent 20 minutes in the bathroom in front of the air dryer trying to dry out my shirt...

I ride every day that there isn't snow on the ground...

today probably wasn't worth it, but my old jeep got about 15 mpg and the bike gets aroung 50...so in the long run I'm saving about 1.5 gallons of gas a day, 5 days a week, 45ish weeks a year = 337.5 gallons of gas a year (that's $1012.50/yr at $3/gal = a new board and bindings!)

I am going to have to buy another car this fall though...usually much more snow on the ground near my new home...

anyone have suggestions for a relatively fuel efficient 4wd with decent ground clearance? (my list so far is another Jeep Wrangler, a Toyota Tacoma, or a subie - probably one of the small wagons...or my dream Audi A4 quattro convertible)

• 9 months later...

It's BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK!

summer has officially begun with the passing of memorial day. I hate summer. I hate summer even more since 1) I am not on the motorcycle for a couple more weeks and 2) Looks like my schemes to get to Argentina are being pushed back yet another year.

When do the Olympics start, anyway?

the youtube game:

1. tell your friend(s) you have seen this hilarious youtube video.
  2. Search some random word(s).
  3. Watch videos until you find something funny, then tell them that is the one you were looking for.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckhasegf2wA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckhasegf2wA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Olympics are in August. I can't believe that I'm actually going to be home to watch an Olympics for the first time in ten years. Every other Olympics in that time frame, I've been away from home travelling. Not by intent, that's just the way it worked out!

I LOVE the Olympics, summer or winter. I can't wait to actually be at Vancouver in 2010.

I just wish I lived near a suitable road for some longboarding. The best thing I have is the wave board and my dog with a harness. That board gets a little squirrely around 15 mph though (Freya can run 40ish, untethered) so it gets a bit scary.

I forgot where I was going with this.

Anyway, I don't particularly like the summer olympics. There don't really seem to be that many events I'm interested in. In winter there's the snowboarding and the skiing and the bobsleds and luge and speed skating... I freakin LOVE curling...

Oh my gosh, give me a break. When I drink beer I'd rather DRINK the beer, not chew it. Call me what you will, but I love a good wheat or some pilsners or somethin, or the occasional red. I don't want my beer tasting like coffee and I hate when it's so freakin bitter. Hoppy over bitter any day.

Do you seriously love curling, Pebu, or are you just being sarcastic? That has to be the most pointless sport ever, although I suppose that you can't really play lawn bowls when the ground is covered in snow, so curling was the next best thing.

Curling definitely falls under the whole "any sport you can play with alcohol in one hand, is not a sport".

Winter Olympics are admittedly better than summer Olympics, but as the last summer Olympics I saw was in the company of two mad Aussie girls while on holiday in Italy, and we always had to go to a bar to watch the coverage, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Even if I couldn't understand a word of the commentary.

I like Guiness

I'm glad you brought that up. Lately, I'm diggin' the harpoon cider splashed on top of IPA or UFO. The raspberryufo hefe goes well too mixed with cider.

Last week we indulged in some Belgians at Redbones.

best in show was Chimay (Belgium) Beer Grand Reserve 750ML

http://www.wittyswine.com/sku00146.html

pebu, try some choco milk ;)

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JymxjLDKC8s&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JymxjLDKC8s&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>