Note to New Members ×

The Summertime I'm Bored Superthread attempt

tex1230

I just finished my last day of regular classes of my junior year... I finish my math major next spring, and could even conceivably graduate a year from now. To celebrate, I cracked open what is possibly my favourite beer... Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA. Mmmm, the nectar of the gods, right there.

And if you're wondering about my spelling of 'favourite', my spell check dictionary somehow got switched to British English, so I've decided to just run with it.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tex -

I can't find a wii fit, apparently I screwed up by not preordering. What other games do you have? anything I can challenge you to online?

Mario cart is excellent,

and Guitar Hero is fun.

Those are my only two that can go online. I also have Tiger woods, lynx (the crossbow game that comes with the gun), mario and sonic at the olympics, and of course wii sports.

Tex -

I can't find a wii fit, apparently I screwed up by not preordering. What other games do you have? anything I can challenge you to online?

Mario cart is excellent,

and Guitar Hero is fun.

Those are my only two that can go online. I also have Tiger woods, lynx (the crossbow game that comes with the gun), mario and sonic at the olympics, and of course wii sports.

Yeah I think she paid like 2x MSRP for that thing...

I haven't tried playing against others online...I have

wii sports

lego star wars (my son's)

speed racer (sucks)

wii fit

winter sports pack

^^ winter sports pack should be fun, as I believe that is the one with snowboard GS

I did the yoga program on the fit this morning and I'm really sore...

Hmmmm, call me old fashioned but I'll stick to doing yoga like I've done it for 20 years-by myself!

Yoga shouldn't make you sore, but you need to gradually increase what you do after a slow start. Most people are incredibly unflexible-they need to have a yoga for Americans feature with starting out with only 1 or 2 poses.....

soreness is more from recovering from the snowboard season, but I am doing things with muscles that I haven't used in a long time.

If I could find a Yoga instructor that would come to my house at 5am every day I'd do it the old fashioned way too. Till then, I'll do my best with the computer assistant.

this IS the almost summertime not bored thread so

check out the Rambo Assault Flotillii, we've been patrolling the charles river over the past few weeks, testing props:rolleyes:drinkin beers, fishin.

too shallow to wakeboard,waters a lil nasty.

the lights look stealthy at dusk.

dr807l.jpg

Condolences and Congratulations. :(:biggthump

Are you headed to Boca for College ?

I think Gilmour has connections down there and I'm pretty sure there's Kitesurfing to be had down in Boca.

sorry about your gramps

Thanks Willy

Yeah I'm headed down to boca for school. I wish i was headed up into the nountains but things didnt go my way b/c most schools didnt let people who should have gotten in get in.

My grandfather was 85 and in pretty bad shape. Im just happy he made it this far.

My father Walter Kenyon Passed over last night.

He was 88 years old. He was one of the first two Aeronautical Engineers to graduate with a specialty in rotary wing aircraft (helicopters) in the world. One of the founders of the Helicopter society and was the creator of the first attack helicopter squadron.

He will be missed by many.

and you know those little defroster wires in your car back and some front windows......He did that with a crude battery and toggle switch during the Korean war to keep the canopies on the jets from shattering when they landed in the calif desert ( now Miramar) which was at 120 degrees F in the shade He was the air maintenance boss. he had two buddies from Langley research NACA who had been recalled to navy service at Hughes Aircraft In San Diego (actually La Hoya) that helped. they were all on recall From NACA the predecessor to NASA so public knowledge no patents.

SAme with the famous NACA type /shaped air inlet ducts seen on so many race cars over the last 50 years. He drew the original on a paper napkin at lunch while at Langley and the wind tunnel. It was originally an air inlet to cool the transmission below the rotors on a Sikorsky helicopter that he designed to use the high pressure effect back in 1950 or 51.

GWS:(

My father Walter Kenyon Passed over last night.

He was 88 years old. He was one of the first two Aeronautical Engineers to graduate with a specialty in rotary wing aircraft (helicopters) in the world. One of the founders of the Helicopter society and was the creator of the first attack helicopter squadron.

He will be missed by many.

and you know those little defroster wires in your car back and some front windows......He did that with a crude battery and toggle switch during the Korean war to keep the canopies on the jets from shattering when they landed in the calif desert ( now Miramar) which was at 120 degrees F in the shade He was the air maintenance boss. he had two buddies from Langley research NACA who had been recalled to navy service at Hughes Aircraft In San Diego (actually La Hoya) that helped. they were all on recall From NACA the predecessor to NASA so public knowledge no patents.

SAme with the famous NACA type /shaped air inlet ducts seen on so many race cars over the last 50 years. He drew the original on a paper napkin at lunch while at Langley and the wind tunnel. It was originally an air inlet to cool the transmission below the rotors on a Sikorsky helicopter that he designed to use the high pressure effect back in 1950 or 51.

GWS:(

Dude, im really sorry to hear that. I know how it feels.

My poppy did some really cool stuff while in the airforce. If any of you have read the book HELLBIRDS, it explains his whole situation in WWII.

• 3 weeks later...

I wont...

I cant...

let this DIE!!!!!

so the boredom is peaking now that my RennTiger is here and I cant ride it.

have we exausted the beer topic? because I need someone to tell me where I can find a high quality beer boot, preferably with a beer logo on the shin, Spaten Munich or something like that.

• 4 months later...

it's still fall and we're not bored

the crew hits newport ri

<object width="400" height="300"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=2339525&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=2339525&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></embed></object><br /><a href="

">Newport, November 15, 2008</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user740442'>http://vimeo.com/user740442">Masskiting.com</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.