The Summertime I'm Bored Superthread attempt

tex1230

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had a piece of toast with hummus and avacado. Yesterday I had grits.

There isn't enough stuff you can combine hummus or avacado with to make it palatable. Grits either :barf:

Tonight I'm making blackened shrimp in a garlic/butter/cream sauce served over angel hair.

You guys have no idea what you are missing. You haven't had MY grits! And I can't say enough about avacado and hummus - my 2 favorites!

That's true, I haven't. Maybe one day? Course, my wife loves grits, so she'd be real happy to try 'em.

The blacked shrimp were yummy (that's a technical term). But it sure generates a lot of smoke to make 'em. Need to make sure the exhaust fan is running or but the cast iron pan out on the grill.

There isn't enough stuff you can combine hummus or avacado with to make it palatable. Grits either :barf:

I never understood the appeal of grits either, until a friend of mine showed up to the table at a breakfast buffet (chow hall) with a bowlful of grits piled high with bacon, scrambled eggs and shredded cheese. I'm like, "WTF is that?" He's all, "Dude, TRY it, just try it." Kind of a Green Eggs and Ham thing. So I get a bowlful, pile the strange accoutrements on top, mix 'em all together and... Totally awesome. Breakfast Nirvana. :1luvu:

Mmmm... Ham bacon...

Our neighbor has a couple hogs. He's getting a regular farm over there. I think he is going to be willing to trade some of the craploads of venison we have for some of the craploads of ham/bacon he's gonna have.

What kind are they? If they're italian, they have to be hot. The cheese ones are good. Original is good too, but kinda boring. The beer battered ones taste just like original, it's better just to beer batter them yourself..

• 3 weeks later...

Just spent a week on the Chesapeake Bay for vacation...I guess that was my punishment for dragging the family thru the snow all winter.

God, I'm Bored!!!

Is it winter yet?

I need a new board...thought about a powder board...then looked at a couple of all-mountain boards...F it - I'll just wait till the fall so it's not so painful to be without snow...

Did Al Gore invent Summer? I really hate whoever it was...

I have been considering building a street luge, my 13 yo daughter was into it, too, until I told her about the kinda speeds you could hit! Think now it will be a longboard for her. Any thoughts on trucks/wheels? Gonna build a woodie, Randall trucks seem to be highly recommended, Abec 11 seems to be the bottom line on wheels. Or am I as nuts as I think I am for doing this? Gotta go hit the hills and snowboard a little, soon, or I WILL go crazy.

I was good for about a week. Spent some time up in the UP and it was warm and I played golf and swam and fished... Boy, life was rough, I tell ya. But now I read this and gosh, everybody is just ruining summer for me..

I'm so bored and nutso that Im getting excited about my crop of Milkweed and the Monarch Butterfly hatch this year...sheesh.....its fun popping groundhogs witht he 22 lr I got at the ammish gun and quilt auction down in atlantic pa...If I get too wacky I will probably start posting pictures of caterpillers gorging themselves on milkweed.....its so cool......... :p

I'm finally getting with the times: I'm getting a portable mp3 player (iRiver T60 4GB). Only available in the US and shipping is steeper than it should be, but it's the only way to get it here.

If you wanted something that small, you should have just posted up here...I know I have some old toys I'd just give you...

I climbed outside for the first time last weekend and LOVED it.

I'd really like to get into climbing, but 1) it's a sport where you need other people to do it, 2) I'm sure I don't want to dump $500 on MORE sports gear, and 3) when the hell would I get time to camp and hike and bike and rollerblade if I went climbing every weekend?

God, will school please be over? Then I can have my life back. Next summer is gonna rock - I'm promising NO more house renos, just me time.