Note to New Members ×

The Summertime I'm Bored Superthread attempt

tex1230

I am 36. When my dad was my age he had a wife, 2 kids, 2 cars, a mortgage, a dog, but no snowboards (or skis for that matter)

I am 60 -- When my dad was my age he had a wife and 5 grown kids. 2 cars and a mortgage and no dog, no snowboards, never skied, did not golf, did not do too much sporty, ( afraid the neighbors or church members would talk ), drove a basic 4 door Chevy - had a white picket fence and an apple pie in the window in flat land Iowa. Basic Ozzy and Harriet kind of guy. He died at 92 yr old and I think he wished he had lived a little more in the fast lane so I told him I'd make it up for him! :biggthump

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a mortgage, a girlfriend, and more toys than anyone needs: snowboards, bikes, game consoles, and a couple of nice kitchen knives.

This whole "postponing marriage" thing is the shiznit.

So I went out rollerblading with the pup yesterday. I wish she would last a little longer before getting worn out... She's a little out of shape, but we're working on it. Yellow lab/white german shepard mix and she's a good 90 lbs. I think she's just over 4 years old. But anyways, she liked that. I also stopped and got some golf shoes on my way home. 50 bucks for some footjoy greenjoys... That's a pretty good deal, and damn are they comfy.

If anybody shoots better than double bogey I'm not interested..

Right now I'm averaging just under 1 par per 9 holes. I'd usually be around the low 50s (for 9) pretty easy, but lately I've been shooting so crappy that I've been getting 58s and upwards... It's so annoying because the last game I played I was playing 2 balls. On one of the balls I got a par (5) but on the other I got a flippin 9! What in the world!

If anybody shoots better than double bogey I'm not interested..

Right now I'm averaging just under 1 par per 9 holes. I'd usually be around the low 50s (for 9) pretty easy, but lately I've been shooting so crappy that I've been getting 58s and upwards... It's so annoying because the last game I played I was playing 2 balls. On one of the balls I got a par (5) but on the other I got a flippin 9! What in the world!

So is it your short game or your long game that gets you the high numbers?

So is it your short game or your long game that gets you the high numbers?

Yes...

And I vote for Caberfae Peaks in Cadillac, MI. It's only 9 holes, but it's a nice course. (And it's only half an hour away and I already have a membership there... :)) They don't care if we're hacks. It's a pretty relaxed place.

I don't know the ratings of our course. I don't think they really have one. It's only 9 holes, but it's a real course. I swear in one of the golf magazines it was rated as one of the best in michigan. But I can't find where it says that.

I guess if I had to I could go to one of the other dozen courses in the area.

It would be better if she wasn't such a HACK HOG! Where I come from, if you're in a hack ring, you pass it after 5 or get nutted. I suppose she doesn't have to worry about being nutted though, does she :) . Nice moves.

I was thinking Hack hog too while watching that. I also thought hack masturbation as it is good by yourself like that. You can put the hack right where you want it, catch each ankle roll all that jazz, but it really is better with others.

That is why we played for four hours in my kitchen ( small one too) one night, 16 or 17 of us, until we finally got a hack after hours of drinking and debauchery. Even as addled as we were the group energy was so strong we could almost levitate the hack by then.

Got a call from my wife last Monday needing transportation. She was out demoing a new Cannondale Synapse Carbon Fibre bike and wiped out big time. She admitted she got distracted while opening a granola bar on a steep downhill. I got BIG points for NOT asking her what condition the $4400 bike was in. Happily, she only had four scrapes and the bike emerged unscathed.

I'm bored this summer! I've only broken 80 once and it was a prosaic round - no doubles and no birdies. 39-38=77. Adopted the Chris Demarco's claw grip and found it actually works.

The ribs broken last February are finally healing and I can't wait until the return off winter.

Lee W's avatar is the creepiest thing I've ever seen

I agree. I can't even look at his posts, and the one below it.I have to scroll it up so I can't see it. I can't look at that thing and with the head banging I can't help it.

Lee, please please change that disgusting thing??? PLEASE?

So, when will you make good on that promise to come here?

Won't be long. I just stretched it's legs by riding to Green River, Wy and back for the weekend. The hwy from Vernal to GR is awesome.

I got involved with a branding this weekend, cool stuff. glad I am content to do it once or twice in my life. Watching the real cowboys who have been doing it for three weeks straight was impressive.

I will take a day off in the next few weeks and come to see you. I am hoping that this snow wil stop falling soon so that summer can be here for the three weeks that it exists up here. i see june 8th as the likely day.

I agree. I can't even look at his posts, and the one below it.I have to scroll it up so I can't see it. I can't look at that thing and with the head banging I can't help it.

Lee, please please change that disgusting thing??? PLEASE?

-pout- done.