Note to New Members ×

Bomber Wake

Trenchman

The whole idea of bomber being gone the is beyond depressing so I will be heading out in the morning to carve it up in memory of all the great years of Bomberonline.com and all the great people I met because of their existence!  

Thanks for all the good years, and may the future bring new opportunities.

• Like 6

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 12:53 PM, Jack Michaud said:

Can't get into details now.  I will see if I can get any answers from the owners of the inventory next week.

Jack has been working on stockpiling remaining Bomber products and he can't wait to give us all the "Bro Deal"!

One example part:  The regular toe-clip TD3 SideWinder was not available for some time.  But the step-in SW version was.  So some part of the regular binding was short. 

I can't think of what part that might be that's not used on the step-in or the non-SW binding...  

2 hours ago, billyt. said:

Jack has been working on stockpiling remaining Bomber products and he can't wait to give us all the "Bro Deal"!

I wish.  Actually Fin has one last possible lead for a buyer of the inventory.  He'll let us know how it goes.

1 hour ago, Jack Michaud said:

I wish.  Actually Fin has one last possible lead for a buyer of the inventory.  He'll let us know how it goes.

Why won't the bank just hire someone to list the inventory items for sale? I know, banks will be banks, but it sounds like they are having trouble finding someone to buy all of the inventory. They can probably make more money this way. 

I truly wish that I had the business savvy, capital and mechanical know-how to keep Bomber Industries alive! It truly is unfortunate the demise of Catek a number of years ago and now we are losing Bomber too. A troubling time for our beloved alpine community! Luckily, "we" have salvaged the Forum/Carving Community. I hope something good will come of this situation! 

14 minutes ago, lowrider said:

Does anyone know or can say how many zero's are involved in a potential purchase ?

Sounds like there’s too much debt, get in contact with Fin, he’d be able to tell you! If you’re serious anyway. 

The question is wether with the demise of bomber industries who owns the designs and patents? If there can be a deal struck that way. I was considering doing it that way. 

I find it hard to believe that it's not possible to salvage a viable business out of bomber. However I have seen banks & lawyers destroy value many times before in thus situation, usually by unrealistic pricing or debt levels. Surely at some point the price for remaing stock/tooling/i.p. must be at levels low enough. I have had the experience of watching a lawyer turn down realistic offers for a deceased friends business for two years only to sell it for a tiny fraction once the goodwill had disappeared leaving his widow almost destitute. Surely commonsense must prevail sometimes?

It isn't always in the lawyer's best interests to actually push these things along. They need to make a buck, also. The actual price for this won't affect them too much, dragging it out would make them decent coin. Totally understandable. At the end of the day, everyone needs to make money.

When this all started, there were some people who said they had paid for items they never received.  Does anyone know if they've been taken care of?  After that, yes, being able to get some replacement parts would be nice.

PayPal returned money to me. After recent demographic survey this looks like another nail in the coffin of North America hard booting. Thanks to Fin and Michelle for all these wonderful SES years. It was rather unique. There were some locals ES but they never catch up. The same for  various locals forums. Who remembers Tahoe Carvers?  Just hope this forum will survive.  Bomber was a glue.  As I see it now in a couple years will will be in DIY mode. Inventory of the parts if any exist at all is most likely pretty slim. We will see who will finish with rights to Bomber design, maybe some licensing for parts can be arranged.Just hope.

56 minutes ago, Ladia said:

PayPal returned money to me. After recent demographic survey this looks like another nail in the coffin of North America hard booting. Thanks to Fin and Michelle for all these wonderful SES years. It was rather unique. There were some locals ES but they never catch up. The same for  various locals forums. Who remembers Tahoe Carvers?  Just hope this forum will survive.  Bomber was a glue.  As I see it now in a couple years will will be in DIY mode. Inventory of the parts if any exist at all is most likely pretty slim. We will see who will finish with rights to Bomber design, maybe some licensing for parts can be arranged.Just hope.

With that being said, the duty falls on us to keep the community alive. Let's all remain active on these forums and contribute to the community. I doubt we will be in DIY mode in a couple of years. I believe there is still plenty of opportunity for the hard-booting community. 

If worst came to worst, reverse engineering of the binding is always possible.  This is not nearly as desirable as someone buying the rights to the design and creating a business.  Undercutting any business that tries to resurrect the TD3 is a jerk move that will kill any future attempts at making bindings in North America.  

I had done some preliminary thought exercises and napkin sketchs on a TD-light and a softboot binding with the Callens.  The thing that scared me away from further work was not knowing what expected loads are.