Note to New Members ×

Please help, my ruts are too big!

Carvin' Marvin

16 minutes ago, Carvin' Marvin said:

After reading some posts on the Half a Run thread I’ve realized that I might have a problem with my ruts. They are too big, like, embarrassingly large ruts.  High G turns really get me going so I try to put as much umph into each turn as I can do I always end up displacing tons of snow and bleeding speed. On top of that, my humongous ruts are a nuisance to the public and scar up the hill. 

I tried super stiff boards but I can still taco those boards like it’s Tuesday. Any suggestions? Long side cuts? Race shapes?  Help a brother and his big ruts out!

Race shapes. 185 GS. lol

Send it on 1876. Or whatever that run is.

2 hours ago, Carvin' Marvin said:

After reading some posts on the Half a Run thread I’ve realized that I might have a problem with my ruts. They are too big, like, embarrassingly large ruts.  High G turns really get me going so I try to put as much umph into each turn as I can do I always end up displacing tons of snow and bleeding speed. On top of that, my humongous ruts are a nuisance to the public and scar up the hill. 

I tried super stiff boards but I can still taco those boards like it’s Tuesday. Any suggestions? Long side cuts? Race shapes?  Help a brother and his big ruts out!

You and I should start a club.  As you know, I have the same issue

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, big mario said:

You and I should start a club.  As you know, I have the same issue

Per Rachel-  #BigButtsBigRutz

5 hours ago, Odd Job said:

I just had a great idea. Pair up with an extreme carver.

I tried this with @b.free and unfortunately he also has some pretty big ruts. 

5 hours ago, ShortcutToMoncton said:

A+ trolling, would read again

This is a legitimate concern. All I can focus on is my ruts lately. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Yesterday with the LCI. Like 10 of us... We all went to the Practice Field early on. My impatient self and knowing I had to meet up with the wife and her and her newbie skier girlfriends at the valley, separated almost immediately from the group. Had it to myself that first run, second run up and it was a wasteland... The onslaught that must have ensued after my departure must have been devastating. I think of the children lost in the trenches. The skiers so miserable that the precious grooming was gone so quickly. i went to 3 and did my very best to ruin it for the general public... Mission accomplished

• Like 2
  • Haha 3