Note to New Members ×

Please help, my ruts are too big!

Carvin' Marvin

I don't leave deep ruts either because: 1) I'm not carving hard enough and/or 2) I'm not heavy enough. 

My riding buddy outweighs me by about 100#. His trenches are visible from outer space. I'd like to think that we carve almost as hard as each other (camera footage appears to confirm this) but his trenches are much deeper. I occasionally cross his line at a small angle and it isn't fun.  

I think carving style should be the goal. Leaving trenches is the offshoot of this. I'd really rather not piss off others on the slope. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corey said:

I'll never forget going for another run, effectively 2nd tracks on copper bowl at SES. 100+ aggro carvers, just trenched out! 

Same thing happened at one of our ECES events at Stratton. A local lady skiing that day complained to Stratton management about the trenches we were leaving. She was NOT happy with us, yelling at us in the lift line. At the ECES in 2010 we rented a trail at Stratton, it was toast after the first pass and we all agreed to never rent a trail again.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Last Saturday a "Next Level Jerry" approached me; my ruts would be too big. I shall not carve the whole slope and respect the others. Those trenches would be very dangerous, when he hits them at 80 km/h (50mph) 🙈🤯
When I mentioned that 80 km/h were way too fast on a black diamond, he disagreed.
In disbelief I took note of that and laughed out loud 🤣

Edited by nextcarve
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2