Note to New Members ×

I'm Out!

crackaddict

So...  I had an interesting experience today...

After waiting weeks for some decent corduroy, it finally stopped snowing for a few days in a row and so I mounted up one of my favorite alpine boards last night.  27 days out this season, this was only my third on hardboots.  After a half dozen awesome long steep laps on near perfect groom I decided to go home, change boots and carve softies instead.  The afternoon was a riot; I'm selling most of my alpine gear today.  I self-identify as a soft boot carver now; the boots are more comfortable and warmer, the stance is more natural and playful, and the turns are just more satisfying...  Don't judge me.

There are a lot of boards, some bindings and some boots going up for sale.  I'm not doing the photo shoot right now, but here's a preliminary list to pique your interest.  None of these boards have ever seen a base grind, the edges have always been filed by hand, so there's plenty of material left on all of them.

All prices in USD, buyer pays shipping.

Coiler Nirvana T4 178 2018: 13m average sidecut, 20cm waist, excellent condition, p-tex topsheet, not ridden much, one ding in the nose from where I hit a skier.  Suitable for a 175lb advanced recreational carver.  $350

Coiler Nirvana T4 180 2018: 15/16m sidecut, 20cm waist, very good condition, p-tex topsheet, ridden lots (50 days?), one ding in the nose from where I hit a skier (yes, a different skier).  Big brother to the other T4 Nirvana, suitable for a 190lb  advanced recreational carver.  $325

Coiler Nirvana T3 178 2016: 14/15m average sidecut, 20cm waist, well used but in good condition.  Suitable for a 175lb advanced recreational carver.  $275

Coiler Classic 185 T3 2014: 16m average sidecut, 20cm waist, probably the last classic Bruce made.  (I was a bit reluctant to jump on the Nirvana bandwagon at first).  Well ridden (100 days?) but in great condition considering.  Suitable for a 180lb  advanced recreational carver.  $225

Thirst 9SW 195: In excellent condition, some topsheet scuffing that could be covered by a stomp pad.  Vey stiff, suitable for a 200lb advanced recreational carver. RFF/Goofy only!  $800  More info here: 

Exegi Doublewide 168:  14m sidecut, 30cm waist, in excellent condition, suitable for a 185lb  advanced recreational carver.  More info and video here:  $500

Donek Sabre SRT 164: Knapton twin on steroids!  31cm waist, 12m sidecut, p-tex topsheet, excellent condition.  Suitable for a 165lb advanced recreational carver, or a 185lb intermediate carver with huge feet.  $600

Burton Race Plates: In excellent condition, later model year.  $120, comes with a few spare parts.

Head Stratos Pro 26.5: Decent condition, mounted with a poor-man's-BTS system (don't know what it's called, will post photos another day), some cuff modification.  No liners.  $125

More to follow, but this is the best stuff.  I would only consider trades for wide, stiff soft boot carving boards or riser plates.

The quoted weights are approximate.  "Advanced" means "almost expert", if that helps.  If you're a very confident rider you could be a lot lighter, I'm only 158lbs myself.   If you like them soft or you're a solid intermediate carver, you could be a lot heavier.

All these boards were made custom for me, I am the first and only owner and rider.  I'm open to offers but not lowball offers.  Major discounts available for local pickup in Revelstoke BC.

James

Edited by crackaddict
  • Like 1

Uh ..Crack you gotta stop smoking that crack!

Honestly I wish I could love a softie setup....but it just ain't so!                                          I would like to hear your softie setup that lured you to the Dark side??

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, barryj said:

Uh ..Crack you gotta stop smoking that crack!

Honestly I wish I could love a softie setup....but it just ain't so!                                          I would like to hear your softie setup that lured you to the Dark side??

Every Time I do soft boots I can't wait to get back to my upz boots. Soooooo o much more comfy and more control

5 hours ago, crackaddict said:

The afternoon was a riot; I'm selling most of my alpine gear today.  I self-identify as a soft boot carver now; the boots are more comfortable and warmer, the stance is more natural and playful, and the turns are just more satisfying...  Don't judge me.

Precisely why I ride a soft all mountain carving board, flexible raichle 122s and spend all my time off piste and in bumps. Feet are more comfortable than running shoes, board is responsive and controlled and a blast in the bumps.  No judgement here, I imagine we're brothers from different boots.

• Like 1

From left to right:

Coiler T4  NFCE 178, Coiler T4 NFCE 180, Coiler T3 NFC VC T++ 178, Coiler Classic 185, Thirst 9SW 195, Donek Sabre SRT 164, Exegi Doublewide 168... 

PM me an email address and I will send more detailed photos of the individual board you're interested in.

20210110_125035.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, carvedog said:

Any idea what shipping would be on that classic? A guess is fine. i may have someone who could pick it up and hold until travel opens up...

To Idaho 83340 is you need a zip code.

I like long boards and I cannot lie.....

I second that (long boards) I'd grab that thirst in a heartbeat if it was regular not goofy and not made for 200lb:)

17 hours ago, crackaddict said:

Looks like I can ship a big board anywhere in the CONUS for $50-$60 with insurance...

Yes, there are some soft boot boards on the wall.  I'm unloading everything I don't ride anymore.  It's either that or build yet another board rack.

love to see a few more pics, base edges etc., but if it's nice and clean I will do that. 

The new setup and the only thing I want to ride right now, is a JJA TCX 166: 300mm waist, 17m sidecut, mega-stiff, super heavy, T4 titanal, rubber and carbon construction.   

With barely any sidecut depth I have to angulate a ton to avoid hitting trees on this monster,  so I've increase my binding angles and added lifts.  21/36 degrees with 3/8th lift has reduced boot-out, the Drake Podium bindings are not my stiffest binding, but it's the one with the lowest profile heel cup.  I also put UPZ Flo liners (mondo 26.5) in my Driver X boots, and plastic tongues from Head Stratos Pro boots between the liner and the boot tongue.  Two plastic tongues actually in the front boot, and World Cup Booster Straps on both. 

It's amazing how much speed and stability Jasey-Jay is able to achieve with so little effective edge (145cm)!  I had always thought I needed longer boards for turns like this.  The TCX is as fast and stable as the 180 Coilers in the photo but more fun, especially in soft snow.

• Like 2