Note to New Members ×

I'm Out!

crackaddict

32 minutes ago, 1xsculler said:

I’ll have to admit that when I watch YouTube vids of guys laying down great carves (even Extreme Carves) in softies and 147 to 153 boards I sometimes tend to question my sanity for sticking to hard boots and alpine boards which restrict ME to groomers when those softies go ALL over the mt in ALL conditions. 

I see 0 reasons why a 6' man would ride anything below 160... 

As for versatility, it's the matter of setup choices, no matter HB or SB. Check here: 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BlueB said:

I see 0 reasons why a 6' man would ride anything below 160... 

As for versatility, it's the matter of setup choices, no matter HB or SB. Check here: 

I see these guys my size on 153 Orcas, 147 Dancehauls and short Xv Sashimis. 
Just for something different I may demo a short Sashimi tomorrow using my F2 stepins and my UPZs which are totally comfy after a lot of screwing around with them. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 1xsculler said:

I’ll have to admit that when I watch YouTube vids of guys laying down great carves (even Extreme Carves) in softies and 147 to 153 boards I sometimes tend to question my sanity for sticking to hard boots and alpine boards which restrict ME to groomers when those softies go ALL over the mt in ALL conditions. 

I feel like you’re asking for permission to quit...?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jack M said:

I feel like you’re asking for permission to quit...?

Not at all but maybe broaden my ways of getting down the steeps at Jackson Hole with my son-in-law and grandkids. Alpine, hardboot carving is my passion even though nobody in my family or among my friends understands it or has any interest in it...they think I am a little crazy but that’s nothing new. I like being considered a little nuts by them. 

• Like 2