Note to New Members ×

Hardboot Carving worth watching

Lurch

On 11/21/2023 at 6:25 AM, Jack M said:

17 hours ago, ShortcutToMoncton said:

Love those hands. Smooth and stylish into the 2015 winter season!!!!

Looks like he's been watching Sigi Grabner videos, the gold standard for race form (because there are no JJA videos), which is best on icy conditions.

2 hours ago, Jack M said:

(because there are no JJA videos), which is best on icy conditions.

Beg to differ. JJA run to gold @ Vancouver Olympics has been on YouTube in 1920x1080 HD for a long time.

https://youtu.be/IHj7j8hP_yY

YouTube doesn't allow it to be embedded.

Edited by SunSurfer

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/21/2024 at 3:01 PM, dredman said:

Not sure where to put this, but here are a few clips of Eirik Stout and I at Red Lodge MT today.  May or may not be worth watching..

I just watched the euro trip video. It’s remarkable to see how that new orange Donek wraps into the second half of a turn; from the apex to the end, it seems to flex deep into the rail but with no sign of folding, obviously damp, steady, and stable. Looks like it allows one to control speed beautifully. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, softbootsurfer said:

Personally, I believe this is a perfect demonstration of both Technique and Terrain Reading...

If you know of a Better one, please post it here...Thank You 

Agreed.  That is the standard.  I mean I can name several other exemplary riders, members (and moderators) here, but this video is an easy choice.

• Like 1

I mean let me pick some nits here, the soundtrack is brutal and the braided ponytail is a questionable fashion choice at best…..but cannot doubt the riding. 😆 Sigi is a rare top rider who has quite a lot of third-person riding footage, and I probably spend an hour or two every year watching his form. Just beautiful stuff.