Note to New Members ×

Hardboot Carving worth watching

Lurch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, slapos said:

slopes are completely in lockdown where I live, but I managed to get 2.5 hours of very decent carving.

had a chance to revisit and old board and also to test a new one:

How often would you get that slope all to yourself? 👍

(Edit: Yes, absolutely it's a rhetorical question 😀)

Edited by SunSurfer

21 hours ago, SunSurfer said:

How often would you get that slope all to yourself? 👍

rhetorical question. In PL only clubs and people with licence from national association (doesnt matter which one) can ride. 13 people from skiclub were there plus me and my 2 buddies....

Edited by slapos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Neil Gendzwill said:

So around 17 degrees? That looks about right. Nice riding!

Yeah. I realized that 30 percent incline is ca 17 degrees. 

That slope though it's in the top ten of polish steepest slopes. 

Not sure how you feel, but i actually find it easier to ride in a steeper slope then not. At least you can curve your carves more without loosing speed.

17 hours ago, slapos said:

Yeah. I realized that 30 percent incline is ca 17 degrees. 

That slope though it's in the top ten of polish steepest slopes. 

That level of steepness is very nice for carving. At the Western Canadian resorts where I ride it would be regarded as an intermediate run, especially as well-groomed as that one is. 

I hope to get out your way sometime. My family is originally from Vilnius. 

2 hours ago, Neil Gendzwill said:

That level of steepness is very nice for carving. At the Western Canadian resorts where I ride it would be regarded as an intermediate run, especially as well-groomed as that one is. 

I hope to get out your way sometime. My family is originally from Vilnius. 

Funny you mentioned that. My fam from my mothers side is also coming out of Vilnius. Mind you Vilnius is 900 km away from me.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just Saturday morning ranting here. Please move along.

Ok, I have a rub with European carving videos, which is the same as that is with Euro Surfing videos. They're all in slow motion! Even if you don't know where-in-the-world it is, if the whole video is in slo-mo, there's a solid chance it's in Europe. Personally, I think carving (and surfing) is a far more impressive watch when viewed 'normally'. You just miss that sense of speed, gravity, and intensity, when slowed-down. Sure you get to see individual chunks of snow flying out of a rut, but then what? Perhaps there's something proper cinemagraphic about an entire video shot at 1/4 speed, and I'm an uneducated rube, longing for something different.

Europe has some amazing mountains (as this video proves) and waves, fabulous carvers (Loddo rips!) and surfers. It's just really painful to watch every video in slow motion.

End of rant.

Edited by MNSurfer
me not spell good
  • Like 1

Lucky you that you just dislike the slomo😀. I also dislike the overdone body dragging. When hands start digging a trench it is too much for me. Nothing against EC (e.g. Jacques Rilliet makes it look great IMO), but some overdo it.

Edit: Guess it is also the slomo that makes the body dragging stand out more, think it would look better to me without slomo.

Edited by TimW
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MNSurfer said:

They're all in slow motion!

Exaggeration . Too much extreme carving on your agenda.

2 hours ago, TimW said:

Lucky you that you just dislike the slomo😀. I also dislike the overdone body dragging. When hands start digging a trench it is too much for me. Nothing against EC (e.g. Jacques Rilliet makes it look great IMO), but some overdo it.

Edit: Guess it is also the slomo that makes the body dragging stand out more, think it would look better to me without slomo.

I don't like when they ride with head below ass in turn...

• Haha 1