Note to New Members ×

Hardboot Carving worth watching

Lurch

• 3 months later...

you welcome.

Nobile actually comes from my hometown. 

They make great quality boards - they are making not only their own brand, but many other brands like

- swoard (yes that swoard)

- dupraz

- monck custom

- used to make burton back in the past

- pathron

and many many others.

Also I think they are the last company that makes camber only raceboards in Europe. Everybody else is using camber/rocker setups.

i got some vids riding their boards too - mind you I dont think I would categorize them in the worth watching:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not much action here so i'll post these two videos taken of me by @yamifumi at A basin last weekend. 2nd day of the season, Coiler nirvana energy t4. If my ass looks like it's sticking out it's because of the covid-19lbs i have gained. 😛 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AGua7UjAihjIzhzc_IvTV7qPSEsikQMP/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1inggke2kG7-DXvtxKfjsJ5LOAT9whd8_/view?usp=sharing

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Colozeus said:

Not much action here so i'll post these two videos taken of me by @yamifumi at A basin last weekend. 2nd day of the season. 

Looks like progress. Nice work.

7 hours ago, Colozeus said:

If my ass looks like it's sticking out it's because of the covid-19lbs i have gained. 😛 

It's not covid. But that's a discussion for later. 🙂

4 hours ago, Beckmann AG said:

Looks like progress. Nice work.

It's not covid. But that's a discussion for later. 🙂

I'm ok discussing now. Your feedback has been crucial in getting my setup in a stable place. 🙂 I'll start with a few things i noticed, you tell me if i'm on the right path:

• Lagging outside shoulder on heelside?
  • Not enough articulation at hips which is why it looks like i'm just kind of tipping from one turn into another?
  • I should probably stack a bit more towards the nose and initiate the transitions earlier.

That's all i got, but i must say i'm pretty happy with my riding and at least my current technique lets me deal with snow irregularities and recovering from hitting soft or icy patches suddenly. 

26 minutes ago, dgCarve said:

Great riding! It is the way GS boards meant to be ridden 👍. Great example of controlling the speed without braking using limbs or going up the hill 😀.

hmm, but i do see him go uphill a few times to scrub speed. Does the GS style involve jumping the transition into a small slide that then transitions into a carve? Or is this just the technique that he's using on a steep run? That's what i can see he is doing and also why he sprays a lot of snow. (correct me if i'm wrong) Definitely awesome riding!

Edited by Colozeus

1 hour ago, dgCarve said:

Sorry, but you should learn physics behind high performance racing carving. I bet you think that wide tracks means sliding? You are wrong here... But racing carving is not for everyone, you do not have to understand it...

You're being pretty confrontational here. Have any good resources to help people learn rather than just telling them they're wrong? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

beauty is in the eye of the beholder 👍
While I am a huge fan of powerful/charging race technique/style.

ex Sigi ride with me, carving the steep, air transition, snow flying, weighting/unweighting get my blood pumping...

Alas variety is key and spice of life.  Those who dedicated same/if not more efforts into other style are just having same amount of fun which in my book is awesome.
An expression session won't be very expressive if everyone looked to be identical.

this sum it up perfect for me:  I can't do it so I admire it; and i do my damndest to mimic it but often with disaster result.
"“In fact, because we have evolved as a species to pay the utmost attention to that which is just beyond our reach"

just my humble 2 cents.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dgCarve said:

And answer about "jumping". Yes, it is big part of racing technique to be unweighted between turns as much as possible. This allows to put board at much higher angle, make very tight turns, and control speed very very efficiently. The more you fly - the better you ride 😀

So this is what i was specifically talking about, jumping into the next turn. When he lands out of the jump he is pushing snow before establishing the next carve and sliding a little bit in the direction of that jump. i wasn't referring to the typical sliding turns you see a lot of snowboarders doing.