Note to New Members ×

New deeluxe plate binding?

bobdea

On 2/1/2019 at 10:59 PM, bobdea said:

Someone (Bola) said deeluxe has a plate binding they are gonna bring to market? 

Anyone seen it? Guessing they are showing it at the trade shows.....

Links, pics would be appreciated. 

Looks like it's a rebadged F2. Kimcarving's blog has a post with pictures-

https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=kimcarving&logNo=221454089947&navType=tl

1548758578590.jpg?type=w800

Hmm.......Looks a lot like a striped down version of the old Oxygen O1's     I had a couple of pairs from back in the late 90's ........they held up pretty well...........don't think I got rid of them until after 2012 or so.  Womder what their Center Disk looks like?

Surprised  nobody's  produced anything more technologically advanced after all these years :cool:

Guess it's cheaper to go with a known production than incur the cost to retool a whole new design.  

post-8098-14184238821_thumb.jpgpost-8098-141842388217_thumb.jpgpost-8098-141842389896_thumb.jpg

Edited by barryj

One of my complaints of the F2s are the t-nuts and their tendency to bend, crack or break.  Depending on your cant lift setup, the screws that it comes with may leave quite a few threads unthreaded into the t-nut.  This may cause additional stress to the t-nuts. 

I’d be curious how often high level racers change these out.  Wouldn’t be surprised if this is one part that might get modded.

• Like 2

Didn't say it was a Oxygen...just that the adjustability design looked a lot like the O1 Oxygen.   The original photo LB posted of the manual  binding looks old school lke the Oxygen 01

That step in version looks pretty cool and more burly............

The ease of installation (e.g. swapping on boards) and sizing adjustments is one things that I do like about it.

Although some of the adjustment settings have also been known to loosen on me over time. They periodically need to be tightened up.

Not sure how old this design is but I think I have heard that its lineage is that of a rental binding.

56 minutes ago, Gabe T said:

Not sure how old this design is but I think I have heard that its lineage is that of a rental binding.

I can believe that given the ease of adjustment for different boot lengths. Would have been nice to see Deeluxe come out with a new binding design, but I imagine they think there's not enough market to support it. 

1 hour ago, pow4ever said:

y tho

I'm guessing DeeLuxe wanted a plate binding it could sell with those new Ground Control boots.

Outside of the dust cap those bindings look EXACTLY the same as the F2s so my guess is that F2 makes them and DeeLuxe is just a re-seller in this situation.  Much like:

kessler_ktech_alpine_titanium-800x800.jp

3 hours ago, Gabe T said:

One of my complaints of the F2s are the t-nuts and their tendency to bend, crack or break.  Depending on your cant lift setup, the screws that it comes with may leave quite a few threads unthreaded into the t-nut.  This may cause additional stress to the t-nuts. 

I’d be curious how often high level racers change these out.  Wouldn’t be surprised if this is one part that might get modded.

I think I was following Everett  Mc Evan on insta, and he recently posted that he broke 3rd bail in past 3 weeks. Of course he got several pairs of bindings in rotation. 

I think most of the people (myself included) replaced T-nuts and check em from time to time. However bail can break too, and there's no solution for that.

2 hours ago, michael.a said:

So anyone else hate the adjustable bail height on the intec titaniums? Bastards always loosen up after a few days and need readjusting. Even using the.correct loctite didnt work, finally swapped em out for the older style bails that can flip back. 

One hack that I’ve heard of but have never tried myself is to put a dab of glue from a glue gun to secure the position of the wheel that adjusts the height.  Presumably it can be chipped off fairly cleanly should it ever need to be readjusted.

I was riding on the chair with a fellow carver the other week when I noticed something peculiar on his topsheet.   He had drawn an arc shaped arrow with a sharpie next to his binding.  When I asked about it, apparently it was to remind him what direction to turn the wheel in order to tighten it!   Sounded like one of those frequent pain in the ass tasks.

5 minutes ago, pow4ever said:

Great point!  I get that part. 
However I am thinking from an "educated" end user/consumer why would I want to buy this instead of F2? 

Because you just bought Deeluxe boots, of course. 

Same reason you'd buy the Kessler or Oxess rebrands of F2 bindings... 

Probably same reason you'd buy SG bindings, also, really. 

4 hours ago, TLN said:

I think I was following Everett  Mc Evan on insta, and he recently posted that he broke 3rd bail in past 3 weeks. Of course he got several pairs of bindings in rotation. 

I think most of the people (myself included) replaced T-nuts and check em from time to time. However bail can break too, and there's no solution for that.

I have done this as well.  Front foot on a standard Race Titanium.  The bail was from the heel block.   3 in a week is kind of ridiculous though.

Luckily I came out of the binding at fairly low speed near the end of my run.   I’m not exactly sure when it actually broke.  It’s possible that it happened earlier in the run but there was still enough pressure to hold my boot in place. 

36155D0E-0090-4B56-B110-FA9F9B3803E4.jpeg

1 minute ago, daveo said:

Because you just bought Deeluxe boots, of course. 

Same reason you'd buy the Kessler or Oxess rebrands of F2 bindings... 

Probably same reason you'd buy SG bindings, also, really. 

Don't remind me this el-cheapO is still losing sleep/crying over the money lol..

SG binding made IMHO improvements to F2 which to me make a better product is why I bought it. 
Does Oxess/Kessler/Deeluxe rebranding of F2 have similar "hard improvement" or it's just superficial/cosmetic change?

So far the information show it's just the later.  

4 hours ago, pokkis said:

Even with flat setup t-nuts are breaking, been there seen that, last time last week

imnsho it is possible only if it was inherently bad t-nuts, or was preused with anglers (in that case it will DEFINITELY break, any shims will break t-nuts on installation already!). and... all can be broken if you will be determined enough! 😉

after leaving cant/lift hell in 2008 - I ride f2races (many sets, rotated), and only breaks was 1-2 bails per season (I'm 95kg, prefer older thin bails, ride off-piste for 90%)

Edited by terekhov