Note to New Members ×

Retail therapy, the Forum and living vicariously

Eboot

17 hours ago, Eboot said:

Just 1 or 2???  ?

good luck with the new house.  Busy indeed.

Most likely 2. One will definitely be a nirvana energy with 12-14 scr, 19 waist. I'm thinking possibly an all mountain or something else for the second one. 

20 hours ago, Jack Michaud said:

Did you make that graphic @scottishsurfer?  If so, wow, very creative.

Its a combination of a few Metallica gig posters from there tour in Europe so i cant claim it as my own work other than composting it together to get the layout. I am going to completely redraw the image myself in Photoshop so its usable as at the moment its far to small with to many jpg artifacts to work so the final work will be similar but a tad different here and there. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, *Ace* said:

schedule a trip to ride over the summer.  Plenty of places to ride

Were would you recommend that's not a big glacier?   Not digging  being above treeline riding big football fields every day.......

Just got my 1st fix of spring/summer.  Bought a new pair of Track 425 Pro's!   Now living vicariously through "Tracking" while watching the goods progress from across the pond .......... 

Edited by barryj
  • Like 1

Know someone with a caliper?  They can help figure it out!  What I've heard: 0.3mm is not available without a BIG order.  0.4mm is easier to get.  Maybe Kessler jumped ahead and went to 0.5? 

Bruce (Coiler) said that the 0.4mm needs some strategic cuts to reduce torsional stiffness to keep the boards fun to ride and sideslip.  

On 5/6/2018 at 6:59 PM, Jack Michaud said:

I feel your pain.  Custom Kessler Alpine 175 shipping this week.  205mm waist, 10-14m sidecut.  The struggle is real.

Those specs make me all warm inside

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bobdea said:

Those specs make me all warm inside

I'm glad to hear that, lol.  I asked for 10-14m merely to say "2m longer than the 168" which they say is 8-12m.  The actual radius range is a mystery, because the curve is continuously variable, not just 2 or 3 radii stuck together.  I measured my 168 and the radius gets quite longer than 12m in the middle of the board.

29 minutes ago, Jack Michaud said:

I'm glad to hear that, lol.  I asked for 10-14m merely to say "2m longer than the 168" which they say is 8-12m.  The actual radius range is a mystery, because the curve is continuously variable, not just 2 or 3 radii stuck together.  I measured my 168 and the radius gets quite longer than 12m in the middle of the board.

Pretty similar to what I almost went with as a replacement of my 1st gen stubby but I ended up going with a 275 waist Bruce/Mark Fawcett softboot board with some sidecut tweaks and the new hardboot setup is on hold. 

Theres always next year for that one and I still like the stubby for putting around as it’s capable of giving more than I can put into it at the moment. Never mind the NSR I had built and only got out on a couple times.... that thing with a boiler plate on it is spectacular. 

in the meantime I have to figure out a way to make softboots not hurt so much......

thats the holy grail for me at the moment.

Now that I’m a sugarloaf guy, will have to meet up sometime! 

6 hours ago, bobdea said:

in the meantime I have to figure out a way to make softboots not hurt so much......

I'm going to try replacing the stock liners in my Driver X's with Intuitions and molding them with my footbeds.

6 hours ago, bobdea said:

Now that I’m a sugarloaf guy, will have to meet up sometime! 

Hey now...

30 minutes ago, Jack Michaud said:

I'm going to try replacing the stock liners in my Driver X's with Intuitions and molding them with my footbeds.

Hey now...

Yeah, there’s an intuition liner that was developed by the Canuck boardercross people that’s reinforced where the ankle strap would be compressing your foot, that’s the one I’m gonna try. The stock intuition in the drivers just don’t cut it for me. 

allegedly there’s some burton liner that’s badass. that a shop guy was telling me about. Intuition on the inside and old school burton foam on the outside so it’s a little stiffer and you can remove a lot of material if you need to without effecting performance that much. The claim is it’s stiffer and stays stiffer as that foam doesn’t break down. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...