Note to New Members ×

Bomber Liquidation Stock Apparently Now For Sale

daveo

2 hours ago, barryj said:

So Sean only got  the Deeluxe inventory.      Hmm??   Wonder who is the mystery Bomber parts buyer and when they will open for business??   Wonder if that person  also got all the non bomber stuff,  boards and bindings??

I can't say for sure what will be done with that small quantity of items.  There were only a handfull of new boards there.  I saw some carve company binding parts, but was no paying attention enough to look for those bindings.

1 hour ago, Lurch said:

Sean would you be able to give a rough estimate of how much TD3 hardware is left?  (Us Andean Vultures are impatient birds :)) )

thanks

I have never assembled bomber bindings, so I can't claim to have a good eye for the number of total binding parts available.  I would estimate that there were at least 100 to 200 bindings worth of some parts though.  I do not know if every component had such a count.  It's possible that there is a limit of only 30 pair based on a single component.  There was a very large quantity of unopened part boxes labeled as Bomber parts.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Donek said:

I saw a box full of them, so they are there.  I'll let the other party chime in once his deal is done.

I too would be interested in various fintec heel parts. I sent you an email, I forgot to mention the pads but I am interested in those as well.

On 4/20/2018 at 5:47 PM, Lurch said:

Anybody know the story with these? Few lots selling "as new, but without surface finish" on Fleabay 

image.png.5aec7fa25f10ef5c765b280eed143ead.png 

I just want to chime in with a positive feedback concerning ebay seller travisspeed939, the guy who has machined Bomber parts and is selling some on ebay.  I received my cant disks with center disks, un-anodized raw, machined aluminum as described.  They were just as he described and shipped nice and fast.  :biggthump

I don't think it matters whether the cant disks are anodized or not, since they're essentially just spacers.  But I may paint them just for kicks and to have something unique.  Lurch - for some reason, I just think these would look great in hot pink.  :)

Also, a big thanks to Sean at Donek for keeping us informed and for picking up some of Bomber's inventory.  You're really helping to mitigate some of the uncertainty surrounding this whole process. ⭐

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Wolf said:

I just want to chime in with a positive feedback concerning ebay seller travisspeed939, the guy who has machined Bomber parts and is selling some on ebay.  I received my cant disks with center disks, un-anodized raw, machined aluminum as described.  They were just as he described and shipped nice and fast.  :biggthump

Isn't this basically theft? He's creating a knock-off of something patented?

12 minutes ago, trailertrash said:

Isn't this basically theft? He's creating a knock-off of something patented?

He said Bomber outsourced machining of parts to him, so I'd say if he has parts made that Bomber never paid for he's justified to sell them.  But making new replacement parts for sale might be a different matter.  I would think that Fin or the Bomber liquidator, yruiz, would be on his case if there were a problem with his current ebay listings.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, trailertrash said:

He's creating a knock-off of something patented?

Just my 0.02      I'm pretty sure Bomber contracted him to machine those and other TD parts..... so not knock off...and more probable left over stock that the Bomber collapse also left the machine shop unpaid.  So he's trying to recoup so of his losses also. 

So if he produces them and sells them, who is it theft from exactly? I don't really know much about this stuff.

Can he not machine and sell replacement parts which may fit TDs? Is that somehow against some sort of law?

15 minutes ago, Buford67 said:

Where are the parts on ebay?

Just search for seller travisspeed939.  There's not much.  He's selling mostly machined aluminum parts that have not been anodized like retail Bomber parts. And look at his completed listings - you'll see that he is apparently setting up auctions to fill requests for specific buyers.

Edited by Wolf

51 minutes ago, daveo said:

So if he produces them and sells them, who is it theft from exactly? I don't really know much about this stuff.

Can he not machine and sell replacement parts which may fit TDs? Is that somehow against some sort of law?

If he sells his existing stock that the Callens hired him to make, I don't believe that is theft.

If he starts producing new replacement parts to sell, which are exact copies of Bomber parts, that is probably theft of Intellectual Property.  I'm not sure if Fin owns the IP or the bank.  Probably the bank.

3 minutes ago, Jack Michaud said:

If he sells his existing stock that the Callens hired him to make, I don't believe that is theft.

If he starts producing new replacement parts to sell, which are exact copies of Bomber parts, that is probably theft of Intellectual Property.  I'm not sure if Fin owns the IP or the bank.  Probably the bank.

Pretty sure the bank does, if anyone is interested in the IP please contact Fin though, he gets a cut if he finds a buyer. 

7 minutes ago, Jack Michaud said:

Right. Could he make ones that are not exact copies but similar and fit perfectly into existing bomber hardware let's say for replacement parts or upgrades to existing hardware? Would this still be considered theft of ip?

Would be interesting to know exactly what can be done to work around the IP so that replacement parts can be made for existing owners of bomber hardware. Doesn't seem like it is profitable to actually buy the IP, otherwise it'd be bought by now. If no parts can be made I guess it'll eventually just end up like catek.

Edited by daveo

18 minutes ago, daveo said:

Right. Could he make ones that are not exact copies but similar and fit perfectly into existing bomber hardware let's say for replacement parts or upgrades to existing hardware? Would this still be considered theft of ip?

Highly doubt it would be theft then, I can think of many examples of such activity in other industries like Auto.

• Thanks 1

It has been impossible to buy some Bomber parts new for almost a year. TD owners are currently reliant on fellow hard booters to source vital, (second hand) parts. Hardly surprising someone decided to scratch the supply/demand itch. Acknowledge there is a quantity of some parts still in limbo, but when all that stock is torn asunder by the circling carrion crows, what happens next? I prefer my TD3s to other bindings, so putting the IP arguments aside, it can only be a good thing if I can buy new parts if/when I need it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seems like the guy who they outsourced machining to can make a decent side business out of supplying replacement parts for Bomber bindings. Or others could possibly do the same, but he has the technical know-how, cnc cad thing or whatever is used for this stuff, machinery and materials. Perfect.

THIS is his eBay store, might be worth contacting him if you need replacement parts.

Seeing as IP can be worked around, this may be a good way to stop Bomber stuff from falling into obscurity, like Catek, for instance.

OR ... everyone could just buy a pair of F2 bindings and call it a day ? They are kind of readily available anywhere in the world, as well as spare parts, as well as being reasonably affordable ... *whistles and walks away*

6 hours ago, Dan said:

Hmm, I would like some 6 degree cant discs but it looks like there's no angle markings on the ones Travis is selling - not an absolute deal breaker, but inconvenient.

Bomber's cant disks don't have any angle marks either.  It's the center disks that are marked, and you're right, Travis' center disks don't have any marks.