Note to New Members ×

Who's Stoked for a new season and what is your goal?

Chouinard

On 10/27/2017 at 8:55 AM, corey_dyck said:

Nice thread idea.  

I'm stoked for this season!  I'm doing a [url=http://forums.bomberonline.com/topic/45465-officialunofficial-atc-2018-thread/]trip to Aspen, Feb 3-9[/url], and maybe one more to another place.  Pusbag got me pretty excited over the steeps at Schweitzer, so that's on the short list.  

My goals:

1. Ride as much as I can. 

2. Work on EC-style carving.  I tend to leave a wide trench (skidding) as soon as I get my shoulders low.  

3. Fine-tuning fore-aft weight shifts based on feedback in this thread

4. Play more with switch carving.  

Would love to show you Sun Valley a bit if you make it over to Idaho. I am also trying to float a carving type of event with the powers that be here but not quite sure how to make it happen yet. 

2 hours ago, Jack Michaud said:

Me!  We are taking our kids (15 and 12) out west for the first time to Park City.  I want to carve the trail of the 2002 Olympic PGS.  Anyone know the name?

Looking forward to that and riding my new Kessler Alpine 168.  

CBs run. I went down there in January of 2001 to run a GS that ended up with some pretty big names showing up due to the Olympics the next year. Ross R. was there and some other team members. God I sucked in that race. Pretty sure Ross almost blew out of the course on one run. He ran two gates switch and still had a faster time. I was almost forty at the time though....so that is my excuse.  But it would seem like not all was lost nine months later my first daughter was born. Quite a road trip. My wife and I skied Sun Valley and then drove to my parents house. Skied fresh pow at Pomerelle the next day and drove to SLC after skiing. Did a day at Snowbasin, then race day at Park City and then another day at Snowbasin and then home. Awesome. 

I didn't get to freecarve much at Park City. I really love some of the runs at Snowbasin for carving. The mens and women's downhill courses, Wildcat Bowl maybe and some of the undulating terrain off of the two Gondolas ( not as steep but ego building....). Not sure if you can take a day there but my kids last winter at the same age loved it there.

• Like 1

This is my 2nd yr in hardboots, I have a coiler board on order, just bought seasons passes for the kids and myself at the local ice hill today.  Can't wait for the cold and snow to start falling in southern ontario / western new york.

Goal for this season is get 20+ days on the hill.  And not look like an idiot on alpine gear. 

Really stoked after 4 years of constant  illness.

Coming back to carving after beginning on a Burton Safari in 1988. OK I'm old but began at 11 year's old.

Rode Grand Chavin and Burton lots of years. France got it right Burton not as much...I think. 

Just bought a Donek metal for the 21th century. 

Just feel like a kid at Christmas and that's what it's all about.

Edited by Poloturbo
  • Like 3

I will be riding with a bone spur. Can't get it worked on until May '18 anyway to due scheduling  of work and school. 

So, the chief goals will be to stay injury-free, riding more pow, and lay it over on hero days. I also want to try riding without bindings on my friend Jeremy's Powsurf boards. 

Got some secret stashes hidden around town for late night powsurf assault sessions. In my youth, I rode with just straps so I hope the learning curve is still in my favor. 

Mark

• Like 1

16 hours ago, st_lupo said:

Definitely stoked; got a new Coiler and a barely used Kessler to add to the bag of toys.  The main goal is to have fun (of course) followed by not hurting anybody else and upping my game.  Looks like I'll have a trip to Utah in mid March, so hopefully I'll be able to trick somebody from BOL into meeting up and showing me how to really carve :biggthump.

Let me know when you’re heading to Utah, I’ve only ridden with BOL folks once, many moons ago. 

13 hours ago, Jack Michaud said:

Me!  We are taking our kids (15 and 12) out west for the first time to Park City.  I want to carve the trail of the 2002 Olympic PGS.  Anyone know the name?

Looking forward to that and riding my new Kessler Alpine 168.  

Hi Jack, I’m PC based! The CB’s run is unfortunately only open to ski teams who are race training on it. However there is a Town Race 4 Times a winter, usually with the final meet in March. It’s held on the bottom pitch of CBs, which as close as you can get these days. I’ll let you know the dates when I find out, if you’re interested. 

It’s individual timing, but you get to go next to someone on an identical course...so can start whenever you want. Sadly they’re ski gates. 

Edited by Emdee406

8 hours ago, Jack Michaud said:

Oh, so I'll do it on my last day then! ;-)

Thanks for the info.

that is hilarious.  my attitude, exactly.  i looked up that hill so many times  - forbidden fruit is the sweetest.   only problem is, i think it's a dedicated lift.  Emdee would know more than I.

one night when i was doing laps under the lights off of Payday lift, i ended up around a bunch of kid racers and their Coach.......  all of whom were asking me questions about the boots and the boards.  we all rode around together for awhile but it did not result in an invite to ride Picabo's or CB.  

you'll love that place.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1