Note to New Members ×

Is bomber out of business?

Calle

4 hours ago, Pusbag said:

Boots finally came took only 6 months. Now next dilemma. Need bindings. My concern is buying td3 then company goes out of business like catek. Ironically that's the binding I'm looking to replace. So question is are they going out of business or is it being resurrected? Don't want to invest in something that is no longer available. 

Russ YYZ sells TD3's too. and that is a hard binding to kill bro, think it would last you a long long time bro.

Hope you and the crew are good man.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if there are any black TD3's around-I contacted Jim two weeks ago and he said he had them and I could order them-A week went by before I had time to place the order and then all this started so I was a little worried and never did order them-Were some sent out to Donek or YYZ or were they limited to Bomber stock?

52 minutes ago, jl1 said:

Does anyone know if there are any black TD3's around-I contacted Jim two weeks ago and he said he had them and I could order them-A week went by before I had time to place the order and then all this started so I was a little worried and never did order them-Were some sent out to Donek or YYZ or were they limited to Bomber stock?

Std or SI?   When asking about bindings please be as detailed as possible   

Spray paint works pretty well too. I have a set of green F2/Proflex bindings using this advanced technology. ;)

I believe Jim sprayed the bindings that are on the initial release photos of the black TD3 before the production run happened. 

I bought a set of the black ones this summer - they're NOT for sale. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Allee said:

True,  but who knows how long it's going to be before TD3's are shipping again? 

Yup. I meant either from a retailer (Donek, YYZ, any of the Asian or Euro vendors) or used. It's pretty easy to write them off if you've been burned recently, but the hardgoods are still solid.

I'm currently on F2, PHK and Hoof, so there are certainly some other great options, for sure.

1 hour ago, SnowNBeachAddict said:

Question......why is the BOL store still up and running if in chapter 7 BK?  Does this mean they have inventory and orders are being processed?  Seems to me if not the online storefront should be taken down:(

Talked to Jim about it. Lawyer stuff basically 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, corey_dyck said:

Spray paint works pretty well too. I have a set of green F2/Proflex bindings using this advanced technology. ;)

I believe Jim sprayed the bindings that are on the initial release photos of the black TD3 before the production run happened. 

I bought a set of the black ones this summer - they're NOT for sale. 

Can I buy them from you Corey? Lol

7 hours ago, digger jr said:

So is it safe to say no one should try to order anything now?

If you need something, email Jim and ask if it's safe to order.  Get his word up front.  If you don't get a satisfactory/timely reply, don't order.  Use a credit card so you can dispute the charge if you don't get your item in reasonable time.  I did this with my new board and it was shipped in a matter of a few days.

42 minutes ago, AcousticBoarder said:

Alpine Bank had asked that Fintan Doyle, the founder and former owner of Bomber who sold it to the Callens, be appointed as receiver because "he is highly familiar with Bomber's business operations and the industry within which it once operated under his control." Doyle, according to a motion from Alpine Bank, had agreed to manage the Bomber business at a rate of $50 an hour during his term as receiver.

2 hours ago, RobertAlexander said:

Alpine Bank had asked that Fintan Doyle, the founder and former owner of Bomber who sold it to the Callens, be appointed as receiver because "he is highly familiar with Bomber's business operations and the industry within which it once operated under his control." Doyle, according to a motion from Alpine Bank, had agreed to manage the Bomber business at a rate of $50 an hour during his term as receiver.

The suit adds that Bomber is no longer in business and that it is "unknown what defendants have done with Bomber's inventory."

Personally I wouldn't order anything unless Fin himself said it was safe to do so.

• Like 2