Note to New Members ×

Aspen Trenching Convention Daily Rub In

dredman

34 minutes ago, Zone said:

So cool to see all these hardbooters getting on the Knapton bandwagon sideway slides on wide board (and the carving is so much better than the usual softboots we normally see).

On the bandwagon?! No, we're the horse pulling the bandwagon! :eplus2:

Just don't let the softbooters know. :ices_ange

Edited by lonbordin
BTW- I also softboot, so no hate! :-D
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, softbootsurfer said:

the Pineapple Express has Blown out the Surf :freak3: 

I still have that 1st day stuck in my mind though...that much visible Carving going on whatever direction I looked, that just blew my mind... :ph34r:

heres to Bomber! Jim and Angie :cool:  and a colder Feb. next year... thanks to OhD for the image

Mike OhD.jpg

Go Michigan Mike!!

Great rider; even better person

• Like 2

4 hours ago, softbootsurfer said:

the Pineapple Express has Blown out the Surf :freak3: 

I still have that 1st day stuck in my mind though...that much visible Carving going on whatever direction I looked, that just blew my mind... :ph34r:

heres to Bomber! Jim and Angie :cool:  and a colder Feb. next year... thanks to OhD for the image

Mike OhD.jpg

What a ham! :) Go Magic Mike!

Thanks for all the food and stuff. Hope to see you next year.

Edited by digger jr
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, johnasmo said:

IMG_20170212_121847.jpg

Returning to Montucky Land.

1) There are 20 snowboards in the back of that truck.
2) Stopped in Rawlins to share Dave's king prick.

Which of those two statements will generate the most comments?

It was Chicken Pad Prik King...

A great session ended with my flight being cancelled with no rebooking options until the next day. So, what else to do other than go ride the powder with Angie and Jim from Bomber! A short hike to the Hanging Valley Wall led to huge amounts of untracked snow. So awesome, thanks guys! 

I thought double black tree runs were above my ability so I avoided them, but Jim coaxed me in. It wasn't pretty, but damn that was fun. After we split up I did every double black I could find. Wow! I rode an OSin 3800 on TD3 Sidewinders and RC10 boots. 

Then my flight got cancelled again today. Lame! I'll try again tomorrow.  

• Like 1

Videos shown at Banquet.  I have more clips, so may do a better edit later.  Between a new laptop, Windows 10, and a new GoPro, it took a while to sort out my approach to video production this year. 

I had a blast.  It was really fun hanging out and riding with new folks all week.  Let this serve as couch carving fuel in the summer, or incentive to attend one of these events in the future.

Long vid, featuring some of the usual suspects -- Gary, Jasen, Paul, Dave.  But also featured this year are Eric (SkwalGuy), Max, Andrei, and Renat ("the Russians"), Mario, James (Revelstoke), other Andre (Whistler), Mark Kress and Tom (carving in his Aspen work attire), and Celene (skiing).  And more...

Edited by johnasmo
Fix Andrei's name...
  • Like 8

I had a blast meeting up with old and new friends again, big Thanks to Angie and Jim. I'm happy to report I did not get locked into big Mario's trench this year and repeat the avatar photo!

Huge Thanks to United Airlines for allowing me to miss an extra day's work, spend $$$ for a hotel room and misplacing my boards in the Denver airport and all the time the employees treated me like an a$$ while I remained polite and patient. They ALL need to be trained in customer service!! I can see why people flip out and yell at them with the indifferent attitude they treat people with.

Eric J (Boing) maybe you should put the pots and pans away for a week and come join us, it's been a minute since we've rode together.

Edited by Helmut Karvlow
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Helmut Karvlow said:

I had a blast meeting up with old and new friends again, big Thanks to Angie and Jim. I'm happy to report I did not get locked into big Mario's trench this year and repeat the avatar photo!

Huge Thanks to United Airlines for allowing me to miss an extra day's work, spend $$$ for a hotel room and misplacing my boards in the Denver airport and all the time the employees treated me like an a$$ while I remained polite and patient. They ALL need to be trained in customer service!! I can see why people flip out and yell at them with the indifferent attitude they treat people with.

Eric J (Boing) maybe you should put the pots and pans away for a week and come join us, it's been a minute since we've rode together.

Great seeing you Gary! We got the same treatment from United as well :( though they didn't lose our luggage.