Note to New Members ×

SES NEVER TOO EARLY... Booked Flight Alert...oh noooo!

Shred Gruumer

Dunno,,, but just in case you know your going you may want to check flights now!!

I booked a round trip flight leaving out of the Land of the Cleve on Sunday the 10th to Vail Eagle Airport and return Saturday the 16th with only one stop each way.. and with travel insurance for 322.20.. Dunno bout you but that is a sick deal... I travel a bit and I can't even drive to ****tsburg for that (No offense Mellow!!):ices_ange

Flight

Adult: 1 $240.00

Airfare taxes and fees $61.20

Insurance

Travel Insurance Plan 2395 $21.00

Total due at booking $322.20

Nice!!!!

Right Said Shred

I can't even really get there from here. Outbound on Delta, I have to go Saskatoon-Minneapolis-Atlanta-Vail, 21 hours. May as well effing drive. Return I go Vail-Minneapolis-Saskatoon. Weird. They fly from Vail to MSP but not the other way around.

Ticket cost: $1400.

Try United since Denver is a United hub. You then have then option to drive from Denver or continue on United to Vail or Aspen.

I've done the Denver - Saskatoon route a few times in the last year and the prices weren't bad.

It's funny, I was just doing some laundry, and was thinking I need to replace a bunch of my Utah/Colorado t-shirts because they are all getting old and holey! It's been about 5 years since I've been out west!

Hey Shred, where did you book your flight through? Expedia, Travelocity, travel agent or airline directly?

Try United since Denver is a United hub. You then have then option to drive from Denver or continue on United to Vail or Aspen.

I've done the Denver - Saskatoon route a few times in the last year and the prices weren't bad.

Thanks for the tip! Only $555 to Vail return including tax. Now I'm severely tempted...

What brings you to Saskatoon?

Hey Mr Day!

I booked through Orbitz...but all the others ie. Travelocity, Hotwire..all had the same price... they had a bunch of different options for the $300 dollar flight... Drive to Clevleland and fly out of there...doh!!! hehe..

It's funny, I was just doing some laundry, and was thinking I need to replace a bunch of my Utah/Colorado t-shirts because they are all getting old and holey! It's been about 5 years since I've been out west!

Hey Shred, where did you book your flight through? Expedia, Travelocity, travel agent or airline directly?

Come on Neil, I have already booked my flights! I think Kurt and Bruce and coming this year too!
The issue, as ever and always, is our kids. The week after SES is the February break. Much as I would love to see you all in Aspen, I think I would rather take my kids somewhere during the break.

Would love to break out my new ride in Aspen though.

I would check with your airline to see what they want to charge for Snowboards and Boots...

It has become a problem with Surfboards and charges of $150 per stick each way has caused me to rent a stick as opposed to taking my own.

I doubt they have charges for Skis and or Snowboards but thought checking to see before you arrive at the airport might be prudent...

Outrageous Fees may make it wise to ship Fed Ex or UPS ?

Let It Snow :)

Always a good idea to check in advance! United allows you to check one snowboard or a pair of skis as a checked bag with only the normal checked bag fees. Lucky for me, I only travel with a pair of skis! They're different lengths and the bindings look funny, but they're a pair. ;)

Also, weigh every bag before you leave home/hotel. 49.5 lbs = no problem. 50.5 lbs = huge charges. I got a $10 scale as cheap insurance against surprises at the counter.

Whoo-hoo! We is going, barring some sort of work disaster. Hotel booked, waiting on my wife to confirm with her work before booking flights.
Flights booked, we'll be there for the whole shebang. Arrive evening of the 8th, depart morning of the 16th. Looking forward to getting schooled by all you hardcore carving guys!

Glad to hear that it worked out for you! :biggthump

What brings you to Saskatoon?

Work - I spent two trips visiting a mine north of Saskatoon dealing with some broken parts. Then another trip looking at the broken parts at SRC.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to come and play this Feb! All you SES vetrans give me the beta on what I need to pay and and where to stay. I saw the Bomber Package deal and will probably go with that and at least the six day pass.

I can get RT airfare form Reno to Denver for $320 or Aspen for $550

Yikes! This is adding up quick!........any you guys want to rent some of your floor space to a poor mofo........hook a Brother up! Have sleeping bag - will travel!

I'm booked too, staying in Snowmass this year.

Flights were about 1/2 the price that they were last year. Not sure how or why, but I jumped on them!

Cory do you mind me asking what you got in Snowmass and what it cost? I'm working on convincing Vanessa to do SES as a family trip, but from Asia it's mighty expensive, so she's balking.