Note to New Members ×

ECES Stowe, VT 2008 update

GeoffV

I dont mind covering for a keg of bud light or something cheap. If anyone has any requests and wants to throw in for something more expensive, let me know :)

Gleb, sorry you'll miss most of the week, looks like you'll need a few drinks after that hell week you'ev been through:eplus2:

Matt Roth (tex1230) wanted to do a keg as well, but most bars wouldn't allow it so he is just buying some rounds for everyone. You can do the same thing if you are serious about it.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, I am thinking about trying to make it for ECES. I know I'm making plans a bit late here, I just need to see how I feel about riding after my injury (I'll know for sure on the 10th, as I am going to try and head out on the 9th for my first day back on the snow).

Looking at Stowe's website, it seems as though it would be really easy to get there via Amtrak - does anyone have experience with this? I am in NYC and I don't have a car ... and getting being able to essentially hop on the subway and just magically end up in Stowe just sounds oh-so cool.

Gleb, sorry you'll miss most of the week, looks like you'll need a few drinks after that hell week you'ev been through:eplus2:

Matt Roth (tex1230) wanted to do a keg as well, but most bars wouldn't allow it so he is just buying some rounds for everyone. You can do the same thing if you are serious about it.

Aww that sucks. I guess I ll do just that then. At least that hell week will have a nice pay off. Im pretty stoked for this. See ya guys there!

I realize I missed the cutoff date for the fancy banquet, but I wanted to make sure that my shoulder was going to be ok before I committed. Either way - I'm in! I'm going to plan everything out tonight and pay tomorrow. I'm planning on coming for four days: thursday - sunday.

Yee-Haw!!!!!

<b><u>Banquet:</b></u>

We've got 55 people signed up for the banquet/raffle, but over 70 signed up for lift ticket vouchers.... sooo..... we negotiated an extension for <b>Monday 2/18/2008</b> to get in on the banquet. Go to www.eces.us/info.htm for instructions on signing up and payment. After 2/18 we cannot accept latecomers or walk-ups. You don't want to miss this. We have 4 boards and 4 pairs of bindings to give away among other goodies.

<b><u>Demos</b></u>

No formal demos. Sorry. Due to Bomber not being able to attend and the current litigious climate of this society, we will not be operating formal demos at the ECES. HOWEVER.... Donek <i>might</i> be sending some boards anyway, Bruce from Coiler will be present and possibly packing a quiver of loaners, and you never know if Madd Mike will show up with a stack. IN ANY CASE, demos will be <i>strictly</i> off the record, at your own risk, and at the discretion of the individual loaning out boards. We will have a tent or two and some chairs/workbenches to serve as the session "base station" for hanging out, swapping gear, talking schmack, cat-calling passing NYC snowbunnies, etc.

Bomber is set up with insurance and gear for operating demos. They have done it for us in the past, and we are hugely bummed they can't make it due to their ongoing situation. We asked Startingate to step in, but they declined.