Note to New Members ×

ECES Stowe, VT 2008 update

GeoffV

Carving season is just around the corner! I know folks are eager to get their season plans under way, so I wanted to provide everyone with an update on the 2008 ECES that is being held at Stowe, VT for this first time in ECES history.

The purpose of this post is to provide lodging and lift ticket costs only. Additional details for the event will be provided on our website once Jack and I finalize the plans.

You are welcome to call the Golden Eagle Resort or Village Green Condominiums to make your reservations. Please note that the pricing below is at a special group discount rate. When calling either resort please refer to the event as, The ECES Event. If you have any problems getting the below quoted rates please email me. Please post any questions regarding this event on this thread.

Jack and I will be posting full details of the ECES event on our website. Please check, http://www.eces.us/, for updates.

Event Details

March 3-9,2008, Stowe, VT

Banquet to be held on Thursday March 6th

LIFT TICKETS

March 3-9, 2008

(Lift tickets will be in the form of Point-of-Sale Vouchers at the below prices)

Adults (Ages 13 & up)

1 day Lift----$52 (Saturday $55)

2 day Lift ----$92

3 day Lift ----$133

4 day Lift ----$172

5 day Lift ----$202

Village Green at Stowe Condominiums 802.253.9705

http://www.vgasstowe.com

The Village Green at Stowe is an award winning Townhouse Condominium resort, is located in the heart of this 19th century village. Nestled in the valley on 40 acres of beautiful land the Village Green is surrounded by majestic mountain ranges. Our onsite recreation area includes an outdoor pool, a heated indoor pool, tennis courts, a whirlpool spa, sauna and a games room with video games, pool, air hockey and ping pong tables.

Reservations details

ECES participants will contact the Village Green at

(802) 253-9705 or (800) 451-3297 to make reservations

• 50% deposit, plus security deposit and applicable VT taxes will be

required at time of reservation.

• Additional balance will be charged to the credit card on file by

February 3rd, 2008. Cancellations need to occur 30 days prior to

March 3rd. Reservations are non-refundable after February 3rd.

Group rates (20 person minimum)

2-Bedroom Unit

$230 per night

6-Person maximum occupancy

3-Bedroom Unit

$320 per night

8-Person maximum occupancy

• Group rates are dependant on a minimum of 20 people being signed

up by February 3rd, 2008.

• If there are under 20 people by February 3rd, the Village Green will

charge each unit the mid season rates quoted above.

This will include the remaining balance and the adjusted mid season rates.

Golden Eagle Resort 800.626.1010

http://www.goldeneagleresort.com

The Golden Eagle warmly welcomes ski clubs and groups! We offer gracious accommodations on 80 acres with fitness center, indoor pool, mountain views, skating pond and snowshoe trails. Ideally located at the edge of Stowe Village within easy walking distance to shops, restaurants, theater and night spots, and just minutes to the slopes! Full Breakfast and dinner options available. Located approximately 4.5 miles from the ski resort.

1 or 2 days Midweek (Sun-Thursday nights)

Single: $80

Double: $50

Triple: $40

Quad: $35

*1-2 Day rate is per day per person

3+ days Midweek (Sun-Thursday nights)

Single: $70

Double: $45

Triple: $37

Quad: $33

*3+ Day rate is per day per person

Weekend (Fri/Sat nights)

Single: $290

Double: $150

Triple: $110

Quad: $90

*Weekend rate includes 2 nights lodging per person

**10% VT Tax additional to all above rates**

All above lodging rates include:

• Full daily breakfast

• All gratuities

TRANSPORTATION

All of the lodges mentioned in this post are along the Stowe Trolley Route. This is a FREE Trolley that services the Mountain Road on a half hour round-trip basis.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll be heading up for the weekend, probably arriving friday, then riding sat and sun. 90% sure right now.

edit:

actually id like to reserve that now if possible. how do i sign up? just through the resort site or differently since we're going for a group rate?

Me, Mrs Tex, and Austin are in. Possibly a few others as well.

Are there kid's lift tickets available through the group rate?

any longer term tickets available ?(planning on being there Saturday thru Sunday = 7 or 8 days riding)

I'll be up there xmas week so I'll do some recon.

actually id like to reserve that now if possible. how do i sign up? just through the resort site or differently since we're going for a group rate?

Pow, there is no specific sign up for the ECES, loding at the above 2 accomodations have been pre-negociated for our ECES event. So yes you can call them today to make loding reservations.

Matt regarding tickets, my guess is that you can probably get a 7 or 8 day pass at the group rate. There is pricing for seniors and young kids as well. Jack and I still need to figure out how we will set up payment for tickets, that is still TBD.

Please keep in mind that the complete details are not finalized yet, we will have all the necessary details posted on our eces site.

They are building a new hotle and condos at the base of spruce, but I don't know if it's done yet. Stowe has a shuttle that runs through town every 15 minutes...really easy to get to the hill.

And there really aren't any bars/restaurants up by the base. everything you would want to do (non-sliding) is in the town.

Buggs, I think the hotel is suppose to be completed for the 2008 season, I'd give Stowe a call regarding that, but expect to pay quite a bit more for a room there.

The rates that I'm offering or the best deals you can get in Stowe and are only a few miles from the mountain. If you are looking for upscale accommodations there plenty to choose.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

and ready for ECES reservations :biggthump :D :biggthump :D

www.eces.us

You asked for Stowe and you got it :biggthump . We have a great raffle banquet planed with an award winning catering staff hosting it at Stowe.

I wanted to point out some specific cut off dates and details around lodging accommodations.

1. Raffle Banquet tickets must be purchased by 2/8/08. There will be no last minute ticket purchases at the door. Tickets can be purchased here: Banquet Raffle Dinner. Banquet dinner is Thursday, March 6th

2. Lodging is on a 1st come 1st serve basis, there are NO rooms blocked off for this event, so get your lodging booked early. Please reference the "ECES event" when calling the Golden Eagle Resort and the Village Green Condos to ensure special pricing.

3. Please check the ECES forum for any updates and questions.

4. Post questions on this thread or the ECES forum and answers will be posted.

Stowe is very excited to be hosting this event for the first time.

Would there be a price reduction for a 12 year old as well as a 14 year old,also how is anyone entered in the raffle?

I'm sorry we cannot offer special pricing for kids for this event. With gratuity, 10% local tax and the site fee it has been difficult to keep the price down for this event. Offering another menu or pricing option for kids would raise the overall pricing per person.

The banquet dinner will be buffet style so you can pick and chose.

Raffle tickets will be available for purchase at the door prior to banquet.

I'm up near Stowe today, and the snow is coming down hard as I type this:biggthump . I picked up a local newspaper and mid season lift tickets are listed at $84 a day :eek: . So our special ECES pricing for lift tickets is a great deal :biggthump .

I am still working with Stowe on trying to offer participants a way to pay for passes in advance via the ECES site. More to come

Is there any other fee other than the lift ticket, and lodge?

How much does it cost to demo alpine gear and stuff?

David,

There is no fee to attend the ECES event, costs are related to lodging, lift tickets and the raffle banquet. There might be a one time fee associated with demoing gear to compensate the sponsors for their shipping costs. But we are still working on lining up sponsors for the event and details around that.

We will post more details as schedules and plans solidify.

That's right you heard it here first, we are talking neon, asym's, one piece suits. You know all the stuff we thought was cool in the 80's, pull it out of storage.

If you don't own an asym or one piece suit, get on eBay….

Pull those asym boards out of storage and off the walls, the poor things haven't been on snow in years, let them shine for one more day.

bankedmaster1_oldschool.jpg