Note to New Members ×

ECES Stowe, VT 2008 update

GeoffV

who's who ? You're 1st or 2nd ?

My choice for that use was some Dewars white label

..oops, off topic, huh?

Family Friendly Event; this ECES thing....

I'm sporting the black jacket this season. The other two have been ripping turns with me for well over 10 yrs.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LET'S GET IT ON... It's official. I have just confirmed with Fin.... the winner of the ECES retro day will go head to head against the winner of the SES retro day in an online poll here at BOL. Best outfit on the continent to be decided by BOL members... winner to receive a special prize tba.

FABULOUS PRIZES... I assume you already know about the board giveaways by DONEK, COILER, VIRUS... but the Stoweflake has just offered a 2-night stay including breakfast and dinner... a prize package worth over $1000. Thank you Stoweflake!!

DON'T DELAY... The cutoff for the raffle banquet is fast approaching, and we will lose our shirts if we don't get enough people signed up. Worst case, we'd have to cancel. Don't let this happen! This is your event!

FMI:

www.eces.us

DON'T DELAY... The cutoff for the raffle banquet is fast approaching, and we will lose our shirts if we don't get enough people signed up. Worst case, we'd have to cancel. Don't let this happen! This is your event!

FMI:

www.eces.us

This is huge, I cannot stress this enough, we NEED 80 people to sign up for the banquet, right now we are not even close to that with only 10 signed up this for :angryfire . If Jack and I end up having to pay the difference that will pretty much seal the deal for any future ECES events.

For this years ECES Banquet Dinner we are offering more "Huge" prizes than we have ever been able to offer at any ECES's and the odds of winning one of those are VERY good.

Planning the ECES is literally like planning a wedding, so please do Jack and I a favor and sign up for the event soon. I started planning for the event in March 2006 and we are still working on it.

I have been warned just this week by Golden Eagle and Village Green that people need to make their reservations soon because rooms are filling fast and both resorts CANNOT hold rooms for us.

Since it is a Thursday, I can make the banquet, and I definately want a shirt :)

I'm Trying to figure my schedule enough and have a ride to come up for atleast one day and a possible "crash" overnight for a second.

I'll make a final decision move one way or the other this week.

Since it is a Thursday, I can make the banquet, and I definately want a shirt :)

I'm Trying to figure my schedule enough and have a ride to come up for atleast one day and a possible "crash" overnight for a second.

I'll make a final decision move one way or the other this week.

Dave post on the eces forum and see if there are any others coming from Upstate NY.

Yeah maing! I posted earlier :)

I'm shooting for wed, thurs, fri. gives me sat to rest and then work and race on sun at Jiminy.

I am going to be at Killington from Sunday to Tuesday and planning to drive up to Stowe on Wednesday morning. I will be driving back to New Jersey on either Friday night or Saturday morning(probally Saturday morning if i can find a cheap place for 1 night).The place I booked is $145 a night on Friday. Mabye i could be convinced to drive back via Albany. Plus if you can make it up to Killington you can ride along up to Stowe.

PS Today I did see your post in ECES forum

Did you call Golden Eagle Resort? A Friday night stay is almost half what your paying at $80 per night just mention the ECES event.

Thats where I have booked and I got the ECES rate. $80 is the rate for Sun-Thurs for 1 or 2 nights. Fri and Sat is $145 a night. This is consistant with what you have on the ECES site.

Ah it's great when the coordinator doesn't read what he posted :biggthump

thx

When i read your post i was think that you know the rates becaues you organised it. I guess you forget with so much else going on.

THANKS for putting this on. I went to one at Stratton and have been wanting to attend one ever since but something always comes up. So i am really excited about attending this year. How is the dinner sign up comming along?

How is the dinner sign up comming along?

My post did drum up some more payments but we are still 60+ people short for the dinner. My plan is to post a detailed schedule of events in the next few weeks. I'm just waiting on some final details.

Yeah, I have both. Albeit I'm worried slightly about the boots. I have had the same UPZ shells for two seasons, and the toe plastic is starting to deform slightly. I'll still ride them, I'll just have to keep the bindings super-tight.

I just got off the phone with the Village Green condos. They said they've only got 1 reservation for ECES right now. I want to book there. They'll need two more to keep the rate. Anyone else planning on staying there?

Great, that 1 reservation is my condo group, :argue: If we don't hit a minimum of 20 individuals we'll get hit with regular rates :angryfire

Post on the eces forum (see my sig for the link) there are a few that are looking for a place to stay cheap and the village green at $45 a night is a great deal. I'm pretty sure you can get enough people to drum up a 2 bedroom condo.

I got a 2 bedroom condo drummed up by myself and my family. If I end up paying regular rates, well, there goes my lift ticket. I want to hear from some other folks so I don't get burned.:flamethro

I registered on the ECES forum and am awaiting e-mail confirmation so I can post.

Sounds like it. I'll start a thread for a head count at the Village Green on the ECES forum.

Thanks, I'll check in with the manager every few weeks to get a head count, he is on top of it. The front desk usually doesn't really know how many ECES folks have signed up.