ECES Stowe, VT 2008 update

GeoffV

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hrm... many thanks to Stowe for the extra discount... and for the complication. We are in the process of re-negotiating our prices in light of this info.

And a correction - the "regular" price of a 3 day ticket is $210. The ECES price is (was) $133. We'll all get the $90/3-day deal one way or another, but I would advise anyone attending to buy a TWS just to be sure. We're talking with Stowe to try to get this deeper discount to ripple through the rest of our pricing.

I spoke with Stowe this morning and they are unable to match the TWS discount (this was a special promotional advertisement).

So here is what you should do:

1. If you are riding 3 days, bring the original page from TWS to get your 3 day pass (without the original page you will not get the discount)

2. If you are planning on riding more than 3 days use the TWS for the first 3 and get an ECES voucher for the additional days.

3. Either way I STILL NEED a list of who is coming regardless if you are using the TWS or ECES vouchers or a combo of (as noted in my previous post)

Stowe has provided some great discounts for the ECES compared to their regular rates. Stowe's pre-season one day pass is at $79 right now and will go up to $84 during peak season :eek: . So having a 5 day pass at $40 per day is a 48% discount :biggthump

Geoff - since I live up here, and work during the week, I'll only be coming for the riding on the 8th and 9th and will either already have a Stowe pass, or will use the TWS deal...and I'll stick around for Saturday evening's activities of course. Jest letting you know. :biggthump

Sorry to cause any confusion with the TWS info...that wasn't my intent of course.

Side note: as if it's not already good enough that we can go see a World Cup PGS at Whiteface March 3rd, then have the ECES at Stowe - The Boss is playing at the Bell Centre in Montreal March 2nd for you Springsteen fans...what a week!

BadBrad, I'd put your self on the list for an ECES voucher regardless, just to be safe. There is no upfront cost and if you do plan to show up last minute at least you're still guaranteed the discount on a pass. Also check the accommodations thread on the ECES forum (in my sig) to see if people are looking for last minute roomies.

I'm in the same boat with the plans. I"ll go sign up on the website in case I do end up coming up for a few days (or the whole week if it works out the way I want it to).

Just don't go to www.eces.org ... especially if you are on a WORK computer! :eek: oops.

If you like sexy russian women, than it is apparently the place for you. :nono:

Hope to see you all at Stowe!

Angie

I'm in the same boat with the plans. I"ll go sign up on the website in case I do end up coming up for a few days (or the whole week if it works out the way I want it to).

Just don't go to www.eces.org ... especially if you are on a WORK computer! :eek: oops.

If you like sexy russian women, than it is apparently the place for you. :nono:

Hope to see you all at Stowe!

Angie

Holy crap - I should have taken your advice...I figured the ECES website had some sort of female russian carver on the front page for some reason, and I thought I'd missed it before....just got a whole lot of strange looks from the people here in this coffee shop!! :eplus2: It's www.eces.US ...duh! :freak3:

i'm in! drinking a budlight right now to celebrate another week of finals down the drain. Bought it with change scraped from under my couch since I'm waiting for my credit card to come in the mail because it was stolen. BL doesn't hit the taste buds quite like #9.

i'm in! drinking a budlight right now to celebrate another week of finals down the drain. Bought it with change scraped from under my couch since I'm waiting for my credit card to come in the mail because it was stolen. BL doesn't hit the taste buds quite like #9.
My choice for that use was some Dewars white label:D

..oops, off topic, huh?

Cutoff dates are feb 3rd/8th, correct?

Well, the cutoff date for the Village Green is Feb 3. The Golden Eagle didn't give us a cutoff date, probably because they know they'll be sold out anyway.

The cutoff for the banquet is Feb 8.

<b>However...</b> the big thing is, as we've stated, there is no block of accommodations being held for us. First come first served, we're in competition with the general public.

http://www.eces.us/info.htm

• 2 weeks later...