ECES Stowe, VT 2008 update

GeoffV

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I left my home with only a wood stove to heat it to the watchful eye of my cat Yonder and my cousin Johnny:confused: on Tuesday to head east. I stopped at my older brothers house in Grand Rapids, MI Tuesday night only to realize that I had forgotten to pack my other brothers boots:freak3:. So I arrange to have a friend ship the boots to my brother:smashfrea. On Wednesday we stay the night in Niagara Falls:biggthump. Thursday I end up in Boston to visit my younger brother on his birthday:D. I have noticed since I slowed down that there is a weird noise coming from the rear of our vehicle:(. So Friday I take it into a shop in Boston and they say no problem...465$..no make that 935$..I need both rear wheel bearings replaced:barf:. Two hours later i receive a phone call stating the part is in Flint MI:freak3: and will be overnighted here either today or Monday:flamethro.....so it will show up on Monday or Tuesday and I won't know witch till Monday morning. The kicker is I have a room booked Monday night with a 24 hour notice to cancel and I won't know till 10:00 Monday morning when I will be ale to escape Boston!:AR15firinHopefully all will work out in the end ....It has been an eventful trip so far!:ices_ange

Hey what's the chick count for ECES? I want to know what kind of numbers we have, so we can gang up on the men....

or maybe meet up for some girl carving :rolleyes:

If the weather is anything like it was yesterday, you guys/girls will be in pure carve heaven today :)

How was it ? DAY 1 ?

EDIT: I'd still like to come up with someone for a single day trip... Carpool and I pay gas too !

someones gotta be going up for just one day this week and comming through the albany area....

Give us the report! i know there are pleanty of losers who brought their laptops and cameras (i will be among them on the weekend:smashfrea)

how were the (non) demos? any boards stand out? any riders stand out? the good runs? the bad runs? the crazy runs? drama? inspirational story? we want it all!!!

Dave, you still want that Proto? how are we going to hook up?

Yeah ! Still want that bioch !

* wanted it like 2 months ago... :p We thought you were going to make a forray to Jiminy at somepoint, but we all got busy and weather didn't cooperate.

I'm trying to get the BOMBERDAY at Jiminy pushed through for March16th.

Maybe we can hook up then?

LMK.

* I posted some vids of the "pre-ECES" that Queequeg and I did yesterday at Jiminy in the Bomberday thread in the MA ride board. Saddly some the better videos are just audio because the camera was cold, or the lense cover was accidently left on LOL.

Hey Geoff, it turns out my room's going to have a little more booze than we need, if you havnt had enough yet by saturday, feel free to stop by and we'll share a bit:biggthump Thanks again for all the organizing and what not.

That's a lot better than the forecast for Burlington (05401) - ice, and lots of it. Almost making me rethink my plans of driving straight to the hill in the early AM tomorrow.

Almost.

I'm worrying too, although I'm crossing my fingers that the roads will be just wet (no ice) by the time I get into the area. I'm planning to leave Boston around 1 and get up there before dark, but I"ll be checking the weather constantly...:mad: