Note to New Members ×

ECES Stowe, VT 2008 update

GeoffV

I am glad I didn't make the trip up there last night then.

I saw on that the conditions on Fri. were and 8 out of 10, and for Sat it was supooed to be a 4 out of 10.

Sorry I missed you guys...looks like there is always next year...

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Friday was a Bluebird day. While eating lunch a girl asked me why there were so many of us at the Mtn, She said it was like a swarm of locusts :eplus2:

When I saw the weather for today I left last night IN the storm. It was rain for the first 10 miles then Pounding Snow. Saw cars pointed in the wrong direction, on thier slides and smashing into each other :eek: It was a bit of a white knuckle ride for about 30 miles south then we hit the rain.

Tough to top yesterday.

"there is no such thing as Bad Weather, just inappropriate gear..."

"it's a joke, I don't dress like this usually"

"asyms rule"

"this trail is closed"

"lets go into the park..."

"just one more run"

sorry Jack,

"no...no I don't think it's broken"

What a good week!

post-520-141842252974_thumb.jpg

I'm still here.

:lol:

RAIN.

First two hours this morning were eh....would have been better if I could see 10 feet in front of me through the fog. The rain started around 10 and after one run in that I bailed, apparently before the handing out of disposable ponchos!

It was a good week; glad I got the two bluebird days in, and that I won Bob's regifted Swix Iron in the raffle :confused:

Heading out tomorrow with the small contigent that is left/arrived for the weekend. See you around 8 at Midway if you're part of that (probably unfortunate) crew!

$750 dinner bill anyone??

Angie

post-2662-141842252982_thumb.jpg

post-2662-141842252983_thumb.jpg

post-2662-141842252985_thumb.jpg

All things considered (weather) it was a great event. Thanks to all involved, with a special thanks out to Geoff for all his hard work. We had some great runs and fun times. I think next time I will avoid trying to carve the frozen waterfall on Nosedive, but I did save the board.

post-178-141842253285_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately, packing up took longer than we expected and we didnt get there today until a little after 9... and when we got there the lack of lift service had us puzzled as to where you guys all were:confused: we went the day without seeing another trencher, but laid a lot of good tracks of our own. A bit hard in some places, but overall it was pretty decent for carving. No pics here really, although i might get some stills from some videos. Thanks Geoff, the village green was awesome!

I got there a bit late, but I guess it didn't matter since the lifts were closed because of the 50 mph wind. Last night, we were drinking on a limo and at a bar in boston for my friend's bday and with no sleep, it was a rough ride up. Now, factor the wind almost blowing my car off the road...the overall ride totally sucked.

Met up with angie for a few runs, and got to meet clebner. He has the worst luck in the world. Not only was it an agonizing adventure to get to Stowe (see post 206 in this thread), but his key broke for his box where all his gear is. That kind of frustration would have me going nuts. Hope your trip home is going to be a bit better.

The carving was pretty good today, minus the cold and wind, and me forgetting my face mask. A guy took pictures of me for a newspaper in Burlington, but I told him that he's way better off asking you guys for some pictures from the event.

Hope to meet you guys at the next one in 2 years or so. The next one should be at Sunday River, Loon, or Cannon, so its easier to get to for people from boston :biggthump :)

OI!, thanks alot for the accomidations Geoff, and the discount lift tickets, it was great. Driving up on friday night was an adventure, we saw everything from rain to sleet to uber snow to rain snow. but when we finally made it, the fireplace at the condo most deffinetly compensated. saturday the slopes were pretty terrible, but we did run into a few of you guys, it would seem the rest of ya headed for the hills on friday. I still want a tee shirt dammit:D.