Note to New Members ×

Nidecker Supermatic bindings

gkanai

17 hours ago, Deuxdiesel said:

That is a horrific thing to do to a bat. Satchel Paige is rolling over right now.  

It's not an actual bat. It's a souvenir-sized bat from a trade show with some vendor advertising on it. It fits easily in a jacket or powder pants pocket.  No actual baseball equipment was harmed in the making of this snowboarding equipment. 

• Haha 2

Bat or no bat, there are situations when the release mechanism gets jammed. The arm in the photo is in the open position and can be blocked from moving downwards. I have only ridden for two days. Day 1 with heavy powder and freezing mist resulted in jamming about 50% of the time. Day 2 with dry powder was fine. Anyone else experience problems with releasing?

supermatic.jpeg.1e939e1d45ea3c3d9e53b1e35b59ab68.jpeg

I only have 2 days (about 30 runs) on these. All in ~10 deg F conditions. No icing / freezing conditions. 

I did have 2 issues yesterday:

1) For the first 2 - 3 runs I couldn't get my rear boot locked in. I had the highback adjusted all the way forward. I re-adjusted the highback to a more neutral position and then had no problem locking in. 

2) I had one instance where the stirrup piece that goes under your heel got caught between the heel edge  of my board and the highback. I couldn't get the binding open. I had to kick the stirrup forward and was then able to get the binding open. 

Once I was locked into the bindings they performed perfectly. I never detected any boot out on either toe or heel. 

I just ordered a pair of Supermatics size Medium. The online store only had medium in stock and I when i checked the sizing chart Medium is 4.5-8.5. I wear US size 9 Vans Encore Single BOA boot. Do you think it'll work or is it pushing it? They're out of stock everywhere. Thank you if anyone could help.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They added a size XL and a couple of colors, but the mechanism hasn't changed.

The size L fits my 10.5 boots and Donek Saber board pretty much spot on. Obviously haven't tried them on snow, but very much looking forward to it.

The only downside I noticed is how heavy they are. By themselves they're not that bad, but add in my riser plates and lift rides might suck.

• Thanks 1