Note to New Members ×

Warren Miller Films and Montucky Clear CUT

dredman

A Warren Miller film crew was at last seasons event and we got our 2 seconds of glory in this teaser.  At about 2:11 mark you will see a quick glimpse!

Hopefully there is more in the full length movie!

I am not entirely certain who the rider is or who was quoted saying “If you are not carving, you are starving”

• Like 6

I talked to Chris Patterson (the Director of Photography who was at MCC) today and he said that “ MCC is certainly in the show.  It’s a fun piece and a great way to introduce Noah Elliot”. (the adaptive rider who came with Chris).  
Look for it in Theaters late November early December.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, dredman said:

Kristin and I will get to see the movie tonight in Billings, MT.  I'll let you know what we think!

Our own @Jcar did all of GoPro filming for the WM film guys at the event and drone footage was provided by MCC sponsor/contributor Vault Media.  Thank you both so much!

Anxiously awaiting a review!  I don’t get to see it until December 9 😕

Just got back from the Warren Miller movie.  Great overall movie and the carving from the Montucky Clear CUT looks pretty darn good.  @soccerdogeand the Winterstick story and riding was super fun!

They used quite a bit of @Jcarfootage and there are a lot of us from the event in the clips.  

I wish I had a copy of it to give you a play by play… 

• Like 6

@TLN I too wish that @b.free and many others would have made it into the footage.  They interviewed a lot of people and shot 3 days of everyone riding, plus what @Jcarshot for the WM crew.  We had zero input on what the story to be told was (nor did we even know what the story was) or any creative input.  

I am very grateful that alpine carving made it into a modern mass media wintersports movie, it has been a very very long time since alpine carving has made it into this form of media.  

Hopefully the exposure will get a few more people started down the rabbit hole of carving.  

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Saw it last night - awesome!  Finally an Expression Session makes it into the big time!  Great job by our man @dredman representing us all, narrating the clip like a pro.  His opening shot of a 360 carve dropped many jaws in the theater.  I heard people around me saying "wow" a number of times through the clip.  It was fun to point at the full shot of Turner and tell my wife that's where I'm going!

I was also not prepared for such a glorious segment on my home mountain, Sugarloaf.  Brought a tear to my eye!

On 10/22/2021 at 11:13 AM, TLN said:

Was in the cinema yesterday.  Surprised to see that Montucky part was 2-3x smaller tham any other part. Expected to see @b.free laying down on his Virus, but nothing there. 

I heard that our segment was originally longer, but was shortened by someone's pet project in the film.  It's our lot in life I guess.

• Like 2

I think that the movie exposure must be working.  I have had several emails asking about the MCC from folks that carved 10-20 years ago and are wanting to get back into it.  They have lots of equipment questions, they are certainly going to be impressed with the latest generation of carving gear!   I get them pointed in the direction of this forum and to our event sponsors for equipment needs.  We are about 1/3 first time event participants this year.  

@Jack MThank you for the positive review on my representation.  I was very unsure about how the movie would use my words and our riding.  It is great to hear the "Wows!" in the theater from non carving folks.  I really hope this exposure is positive for growth of the sport and our sponsors benefit. 

I got an email today from Warren Miller saying that the film is available for streaming.

See you all in 49 days at MCC!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/9/2021 at 5:22 PM, Jcar said:

I talked to Chris Patterson (the Director of Photography who was at MCC) today and he said that “ MCC is certainly in the show.  It’s a fun piece and a great way to introduce Noah Elliot”. (the adaptive rider who came with Chris).  
Look for it in Theaters late November early December.

They have yet to meet the original og gimp boarder. Been proving you don't need good legs to ride since 1985.

https://youtu.be/Kge6S0QPc1Q

• Like 8